INSANITY!!!

Options
Okay im on my second month on the insanity. but bad news guys i pulled my lower back muscle and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me... or if i should stop,..

my stats
height: 5'7
cw: 227

Replies

• squishymissay
    squishymissay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sorry no answer for you, but have a question.

Have debated insanity but have had foot pain in the past. How tough is it as far as high impact? I want to take on a new challange but it took most of last year to heal my foot and I'm not going back there again!
  • J_sparkle
    J_sparkle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Insanity involves a lot of pressure/pounding. You might want to stick to something like a stationary bike or elliptical. I've had foot problems in the past. They DO take forever to heal. Mine has been ok for well over yr w/o any problems (hence why I thought I'd give Insanity a go....I had zero problems).

Just FYI: I had a LOT of knee pain w/ TurboFire (if that was possibly on your list). Most likely b/c of incorrect form and/or doing on carpet w/ shoes on but still...OUCH!
  • J_sparkle
    J_sparkle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    First, I'm very sorry this happened. I know what it's like to WANT to keep going. But, in this case I think you should rest it for up to 2wks. Depending on your discomfort. Most strains/discomfort are better w/ anti-inflammatories in that amt of time. I would recommend any non-weight bearing exercise (such as I recommended to the other post, like a bike).

Good luck to you, J
  • danapenguin
    Options
    i did insanity for a week and i have chronic back pain and foot pain and i must tell you that PLEASE wait until your back is healed to go back to insanity! i had to stop due to my back and also asthma =\