OT: Anyone watch Top Chef??

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I have been addicted since season 1! Hahaha...

I really hope a woman wins it this season. It's about time! Stephanie is really good but she has been making some stupid mistakes and Richard is fierce competition!!

Last weeks steak made my mouth water!!!

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    I have been addicted since season 1! Hahaha...

I really hope a woman wins it this season. It's about time! Stephanie is really good but she has been making some stupid mistakes and Richard is fierce competition!!

Last weeks steak made my mouth water!!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? Top Chef, Iron Chef (American and original Japanese versions!), Next Food Network Star--I love all those shows!! :love:

I've also learned how to cook so much better by watching them. My husband said that the Food Network is the best thing that has ever happened to our kitchen! I've learned a lot about healthy cooking by watching them, too.

I want a woman to win this year, too, but don't particularly care for any of the ones that are left :ohwell:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Should have mentioned, I also even watch Hell's Kitchen--love Ramsey!!
  • Singinladeda
    Options
    I LOVE Top Chef! Its so addicting! I drive my family crazy with watching it because they don't get why I would want to watch someone make food, delicious food I might add. But it is so entertaining and interesting!!!
  • huskergal15
    huskergal15 Posts: 102
    Options
    I am addicting to ALL the cooking shows, especialling Iron Chef America. I haven't gotten into Top Chef yet, but I might have to add it to the list. =) My roommate hates me because he says they always make him hungry! =) I secretly am in love with Duff from Ace of Cakes and Bobby Flay. Why can't we have Chefs like that around here....
  • damselfly25
    Options
    I actually write for a blog that covers Top Chef...BloggingTopChef.blogspot.com. We've been going since season 2. I think either Stephani or Antonia should win. They've been the most consistant. We'll see.....:drinker:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    LOVE Top Chef!
    They're really amazing and creative thinkers in the kitchen.

I love the FoodNetwork as well but their chefs aren't any good...Mario Batalli is the only exception.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh you know it!!!:tongue:

I love top chef!!! (kinda have a tiny crush on chef tom! lol...its his smirk!)

I would love a woman to win too but I'm a fan of Richard too...they all are amazing!

I would so love to be on those shows! lol....I'm a pretty good chef in my own mind LOL...but one show I'd stay away from...hell's kitchen....he's too much of a brut! lol

still fun to watch!!! NOW the item for today's challenge is.........broccoli slaw! LMBO....tee hee that ones for you tami!

hugs!
    Ali
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Top Chef! I personally liked Dale, he was cocky and I kinda like that in a man but Stephanie (Chicago Love) is in it to win it and she better... I personally want Lisa to kick rocks...

Also a fan of Richard but we need a woman to win (only feel this way cause Dale left). :laugh:

And how did Hung win last season?! :grumble: I was so disappointed!
  • CrystalBella
    Options

I do too! Chef Tom is HOT! omg I would so :heart: to meet him.. Have him cook me dinner in bed, and then have dessert! hubba hubba!

that was the PG 13 version! :blushing:
  • riotthyme
    riotthyme Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Never had a crush on Tom, and started to downright distrust him after what he wore to the Bears game. Seriously - does the guy even know what football is? You don't wear designer accessories in front of your jersey.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I love Top Chef...thanks for reminding me that it's on tonight....had to check the Tivo to make sure that it's gonna record.

Hell's Kitchen Rocks too.....Call me crazy buy Gordon Ramsey is sexy!
  • ali106
    Options
    I love Top Chef...thanks for reminding me that it's on tonight....had to check the Tivo to make sure that it's gonna record.

Hell's Kitchen Rocks too.....Call me crazy buy Gordon Ramsey is sexy!

sexy yes!!! scary yes!!! I guess that's the o' bad boy thing that always got me in trouble....sigh!:ohwell:
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    I'm so :explode: :mad: :angry: !

Lisa should've went home... Tom C is off his rocker! :grumble:
  • gonezobean
    gonezobean Posts: 154
    Options
    This season is amazing because its in my home city CHI TOWN! I love watching and seeing my neighborhood or my favorite restaurants. Its great having that personal connection..I feel famous by association.

The food always blos my minds. I love how they look at a veggie and make a dish fit for a king.

Question: How do you think Padma stays so trim?
  • ali106
    Options
    OKAY!!! wow!

First, my hubby is Puerto Rican and his mom was born there so we've been many times and I have been blessed w/ my mil teaching me to make KILLA rice and bean, gondoles too, tostones, pork, my fav is black or bruised plantain fried up...so sweet like candy! :tongue:

My mouth was watering watching them....and we've been to all the places they were at so it was really a cool show for me!

NOW...not such a cool ending! I'm sorry I'm not a Lisa fan, she's just not my cup of tea...AND didn't you love Antonia telling Stephanie to kick their butts! woo hoo....as long as Lisa doesn't win I'll be happy...lol is that mean? hmmmm of let me rephrase it let the best chef win....(please let it be Stephanie...Richard even!!! lol...better??:ohwell: )

hugs!

ali
  • TamTastic
    Options
    OKAY!!! wow!

First, my hubby is Puerto Rican and his mom was born there so we've been many times and I have been blessed w/ my mil teaching me to make KILLA rice and bean, gondoles too, tostones, pork, my fav is black or bruised plantain fried up...so sweet like candy! :tongue:

My mouth was watering watching them....and we've been to all the places they were at so it was really a cool show for me!

NOW...not such a cool ending! I'm sorry I'm not a Lisa fan, she's just not my cup of tea...AND didn't you love Antonia telling Stephanie to kick their butts! woo hoo....as long as Lisa doesn't win I'll be happy...lol is that mean? hmmmm of let me rephrase it let the best chef win....(please let it be Stephanie...Richard even!!! lol...better??:ohwell: )

hugs!

ali

Yeah, that food was making my mouth water!!

I don't like Lisa either..she is just SO negative!! I would be happy with Steph or Richard. I like both of them. I was sad to see Antonia go, but I think she lasted a lot longer than I thought she would considering some of the talent that left before she did.

I love this show though!!!!

-Tami
  • ali106
    Options
    lol was I the only one who was like...uh camera guy nice zoom in of the pork bellies left out....could ya maybe tell them???? lol
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    OKAY!!! wow!

hugs!

ali

Yeah, that food was making my mouth water!!

I don't like Lisa either..she is just SO negative!! I would be happy with Steph or Richard. I like both of them. I was sad to see Antonia go, but I think she lasted a lot longer than I thought she would considering some of the talent that left before she did.

I love this show though!!!!

-Tami
    CRAPT !!! I did not get a chance to watch last night and my girl Antonia went home......that sucks!! Have to watch the re-run.
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    lol was I the only one who was like...uh camera guy nice zoom in of the pork bellies left out....could ya maybe tell them???? lol

:laugh: I totally noticed that.. and I was screaming tell em, tell em!

Grr, if Lisa win's I'ma be super :mad: !