Calories

Options
I used to eat a lot of junk food since most days I have to go to University. But for the past two weeks I have given up all the junk food. I prepare meals at home. I am eating as much as I want. But all I have been able to eat turned out to be 1000 calories. :(

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    many deadly diseases cause lack of appetite
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Do half of your meals happen to be made out of celery and/or oxygen? O.o

Seriously shouldn't be that hard to get over 1000cals.
  • Wari87
    Wari87 Posts: 45
    Options
    Do half of your meals happen to be made out of celery and/or oxygen? O.o

Seriously shouldn't be that hard to get over 1000cals.

LOL. No. I think one of the problems is that calories for Indian food might not be properly entered in the database.
  • Charmainedelaney
    Charmainedelaney Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For the sake of better health & wellbeing you do need to have at least 1200 calories, if you find you are eating too little try to up your snacks on nuts etc, the good ones not the naughty ones this may help.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I can do that too and have huge meals, try adding peanut butter, nuts and so forth, in time your body will start craving more food and different variety. You can do it and try not to stress.
  • shoecake
    shoecake Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling too, my goal is 1420 kcal a day, but I've been eating Weight Watchers meals with low kcal breakfast and soups and intake has dropped to about 850 - I've been topping it up with things like bananas and glasses of milk which are about 100kcal each but I know they are also good for me and filling too! Good Luck :-)
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    If you're eating Indian - there is rice with it right?

Maybe that isn't included?

I was shocked by how many calories are in rice.
  • Wari87
    Options
    If you're eating Indian - there is rice with it right?

Maybe that isn't included?

I was shocked by how many calories are in rice.

Yeah. Rice has a lot of calories. Not all Indians eat rice. Punjabis rarely eat rice. I eat roti/chapatti. Rice maybe twice a week. :)
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Psst, sometimes you can sneak in some icecream :)
  • AprilLove13
    Options
    Eat a tbsp or two of peanut butter. lol That's the first thing that came to mind. :p
  • AprilLove13
    Options
    Psst, sometimes you can sneak in some icecream :)

Yes, I favor Skinny Cow Ice Cream.
  • Wari87
    Options
    I added roasted peanuts and bananas to my snacks. Thanks for all the info. Its too cold here for ice cream. But summer will soon be here. :)
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Rice has a lot of calories. Not all Indians eat rice. Punjabis rarely eat rice. I eat roti/chapatti. Rice maybe twice a week. :)

Good to know - thanks!

Here (US Midwest), pretty much all Indian is some sort of (tasty) sauce over rice.
  • Wari87
    Options

Good to know - thanks!

Here (US Midwest), pretty much all Indian is some sort of (tasty) sauce over rice.

South Indians and Bengalis eat a lot of rice. Might be Dal. :)