What are the best exercise DVD's for maximum calorie burn?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I need some suggestions!

Thanks!

Lisa

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    p90x!!! Its amazing it burns so many calories!!!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    For sheer calorie burn, I'm going to guess the Insanity series. Those calories don't come easy, though!
  • rseit29
    rseit29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have Turbo Jam, The Firm, The Biggest Loser Yoga, Windsor Pilates, and a Couple others. I love them all!!! I have also been looking into P90X which looks hard core and It will be the next one I buy. Also the Brazil Butt Lift system looks good too. I know Turbo Jam burns a lot of Calories, and P90X is supposed to, too (but I haven't tried it). I know you can get both of those at beachbody.com. The Firm (which I got at Target) shapes my butt like no other, it is awesome! Biggest Loser Yoga is the only yoga anything that really gets me sweating, I like it too! Good luck!!!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Please take a serious look at your fitness level first. P90X is not a beginners series. Some people starting out have like Jillian Michaels two DVD's 30 day Shred and NO more trouble zones. The Shred is a nice way of creating the habit of excercise. Since the weather is turning people who want to be outside have enjoyed the Couch to 5K program as well.

I have also enjoyed Pilates and the cheap 10 minute DVD series from Walmart.

Go to your library and check some out before purchasing. Sometimes you buy something and then find that the persons voice or back ground music is so annoying to you that you don't like it even if it is a good work out.

D
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I find that Biggest Loser Cardio Max and any of the Turbo Jam longer dvds (45 minutes +) burn a lot of calories (for me 9-10 calories/minute).
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs used to give me a good workout but I was very heavy and very out of shape. I like the Firm 500 Calories burn b/c it is an hour. I tried the firm Get Chiseled and really liked it (checked it out at library). Do you have on demand? The 30 day shred and the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism are on there and you can try for free (I'm still waiting for a friend to record them for me on dvd).
  • sparklebritches
    Options
    You can also preview DVD's at collage video.

I keep mentioning this person, but I like the Jari Love videos. They are an hour. She does have one that claims to burn up to 1000 in an hour. I probably wouldn't log that though. :wink:

http://www.amazon.com/Get-Ripped-Jari-Love-1000/dp/B000GTJSVM

Haven't tried it, but I have tried Ripped to the Core, Lean and Defined (pretty tough!) and the original Ripped (light to me). I'm not ready to get all crazy with the P90 stuff.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansome DVDs. I know they burn up to 450 calories in about 45 minutes. Its fun and something anyone can do. Good Luck choosing.
  • Bee28
    Bee28 Posts: 99
    Options
    Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism by Jillian Michaels is awesome. Its intense and challenging but good for someone at any fitness level. I usually burn 500 to 530 calories during it and its 53 minutes including warm up and cool down.