Low Carb/Sugar Diet - Adding daily intake

Options
Hi everyone,

Just a question. I am doing a low carb low sugar / high protein diet for 2 weeks and continuing for a month (Neris & India's Idiot Proof Diet) and have a quesiton with daily intake.

Do I add carbs and sugar to see how much I"ve had in a day? It says you should ideally be 20grams every day. So would assume this means both?

If any one has any thoughts would much appreciate it. Also, has anyone done this diet before and much change at the end of 2 weeks?

xx
Finn, Brisbane Australia

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a typical very low carb diet or VLCD. With these diets you have a carb of limit, for example some are 30g and others are 20g.

VLCD are to be used as temp measures for example a week before a bodybuilding contest or a photoshoot. If you're just trying to drop some pounds, I would look at a more lifestyle based diet.
  • oramirez1980
    Options
    I did something similar for 6 weeks and lost 40 pounds. From my understanding sugars are carbs. Not sure if it's correct or not but that's how I understood it
  • MelBristol
    Options
    You can play with the settings and track carbs and sugar separately! I'm doing something similar since 1st Jan with 1 cheat day per week. I lost 3 pounds last week but then I have 50 to loose. Feel free to add me and nose in my dairy :)
  • finleyc
    finleyc Posts: 13
    Options
    awesome thanks guys. yeah its confusing me because its no sugar and there is sugar in some of the foods it says to eat but when tracking i'd like to try and keep it under 20grams. so guess i'll make it both of them together? its currently set as together. it allows you to combine them does it?

its only for 2 weeks and def not for body building :) for weight loss and toning upper body. looking forward to some great results.
    have had one terrible day of feeling sick and headaches but today is Day 5 of no sugar/no carbs and loving it. Feeling fantastic today! So quite positive.

Thanks MelBristol will addy you :) thanks! Nice work too. I'm day 5 and wasn't supposed to weigh myself but did. 0.8kg in 4 days so thats better than nothing!
    Oriamirez1980 that is fantastic what great work! well done!
  • oramirez1980
    Options
    Thanks. .. unfortunately I didn't keep up with my workout routine and gained back 25 pounds in 8 months of eat all, drink all madness! But now I've made the decision to get healthy and look good for life not just a little while.
    Congratulations to everyone that has got the heart to keep it going, because I know how hard it is to keep at it with everything around making it easier to quit