New here and looking for other new mommies!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Ress30
    Ress30 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi. I am a mommy, not really new but my youngest is 18 months. I am on medication for high blood pressure and using this site to help me maintain a healthy weight, eat right and exercise so I can manage my health without meds.
  • lovemy2girls
    Options
    Hi!

I am also a new mommy (13 weeks) I am 29 and have a 6 year old daughter too. I gained way too much weight with my first pregnancy, and also took about 2 years to lose it. This time I gained less (almost 40lbs.) I still have 12 lbs to my pre-preg weight and 22 to my goal weight. I am doing the 30 Day Shred too, I am on day 13, I really like it.
  • mamaL0212
    mamaL0212 Posts: 12
    Options
    WOW lovemy2girls, it sounds like we have so much in common!! I would love it if we could help motivate each other to meet our goals! Are you still on level 1 now that you are on day 13 or have you moved on to level 2? I'm scared of level 2!! lol
  • libra1021
    libra1021 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I followed a book titled CLEAN by Dr Alejandro Junger and had amazing results. and it's not as brutal as trying to do a juice only fast/detox.

More than the weight loss (I lost 15lbs in 21 days) I felt stronger and more alert and more positive than I ever had before. I always recommend it to anybody prior to embarking on a diet because it's a great exercise in self discipline, plus it will re-set your body so it's more effective in responding to your next plan of action (i.e. dieting and exercise).

If you're still nursing though, you have to wait until your baby is weaned cuz the toxins will come out in your breastmilk.

The more weight you have to lose the more rapidly it will come off (I know of 8 people who have done it, all over 200lbs to start with and all lost between 30-50lbs in the 21 day period)
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    Hi I"m not such a 'new mommy' anymore but I'm a stay at home mommy of 2 girls (3 1/2 and 17 months) this site has been amazing. Great support and tools to help. I did the 30 day shred and it kicked my butt also. Right now I'm getting into my new Wii but hope to get back to shredding again too. (just need to find the time)

Feel free to add me :flowerforyou: and welcome to MFP
  • heidirhodes29
    Options
    Hey everybody! What's new on the homefront?