hi im kristin

kristin08
kristin08 Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
hi my name is kristin and im from sun valley ca. my boyfriend and i are challengeing eachother to an 8 week weight loss battle. im dieting and exercising but hes eatting all the bad stuff adn lossing weight, whats up with that.

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Welcome Kristin...it is the whole guy girl thing...they are just genetically geared to lose weight because they have more muscle.

My advice...read the Tortoise and the Hare! If you eat right and excercise you might not lose as much or as quickly but it will stay off and you will feel great!

BTW...if you are competing...it is not fair to go by pounds lost...go by percentage!

D
  • KaliH310
    KaliH310 Posts: 22 Member
    I work for a weight loss company and the men always lose faster than us females. Has a lot to do with testosterone, muscle, or overall built. Plus they don't hold onto H2O like us or have the monthly cycles and hormone chemical changes. Lucky them right? No way! Men tend to lose fast but put on weight even faster, because they think "Hey I can eat whatever I want and lose it just like that". While that maybe true, men can pack on the lbs faster than us. :) Yay! So HA! take that you men out there!

Good luck by the way, but please don't get discouraged if he loses faster. My advice for you is CARDIO! It's a good burn and if you're doing weight training, light weights and lots of reps. Don't worry about bulking up, you don't have enough testosterone in your body for that. :) And last but not least have fun with it! Oh and drink 64oz of water a day, that seems to help. :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.