Shedding for the Wedding

Options
2»

Replies

• Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Feel free to add me for support - I log daily and weigh in 1-2 times a week. I am also shedding for my wedding, but my wedding is in October 2014! Good luck with your goals. You are going to look great on your wedding!
  • moopsie21
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am new here - I joined to get in shape for my 2014 wedding. Please feel free to add me, I don't have any friends on here yet and it would be nice to have people with similar goals to support and get support from!
  • VTSarah07
    Options
    I have added all of you beautiful BRIDES! :) Let's do this!
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    Oh hey, I got engaged just after Christmas (Dec 27) and we're set to get married August 23 2014. I want to lose 25lbs before the one year until our wedding mark, this August.

My fiance (lazyenginerd) is also hoping to lose some weight before August of 2013 and before our wedding.
  • melaniejo527
    melaniejo527 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Getting married in August and am looking for other brides to connect with... someone to help with motivation during this amazing, crazy, and sometimes stressful process.
  • JLSheetz84
    JLSheetz84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am getting married in May 2013 and fell off the workout wagon about 9 weeks ago. Needless to say I'm extremely disappointed with myself seeing as I gained back a good portion of what I had managed to lose. I've been back at the gym for a week now and would love some suport and to be supportive to anyone who would like me to! Good luck to you all!!
  • KChristie976
    KChristie976 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome ladies!!! Please feel free to add me!!! Id love some new friends for support!!!
  • harryhenry
    Options
    hi i am new to the thread. I just got married after the new year Sunday..
  • xmisterheatherx
    Options
    Hey Sarah,

I'm actually shedding for my sister's wedding next year. I'm the maid of honor, and I want fo make sure I look good in those family photos! My sister is also naturally petit and thin, so even though I am at a fairly healthy weight (140 5, 5") I still want to lose about 20 lbs before the big day (preferably before swimsuit season)! I could definitely use some companions, and you seem really motivational! I look forward to your posts!
  • courtneyisaac31
    Options
    I'm on the same wagon as you ladies!!! My wedding is in May and I would like to feel and look the best I can. I've been working out 5 times a week, paying attention to when I'm hungry, and not over eating. I've lost 2 lbs so I hope I'm on the right track. Lets get this weight off Brides!!! :flowerforyou:
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I got engaged in July and our wedding date is August 24, 2013. (2wks after yours. One of our groomsmen is getting married the same date as you)

I actually started my diet about 6 wks before the engagement but it definitely helped serve as motivation. I want a mermaid fit gown so this belly has to go!

I wanna lose 100 lbs before I have to give my measurements and actually order the dress. I've lost almost 60 lbs so far and I'm determined to lose another 40 by late spring.
  • Ajbtv
    Ajbtv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Getting married in June 2014 but need to start losing weight now!! I'd like to start looking at wedding dresses but can't because I hate trying anything on right now. I need to lose around 30 lbs minimally but would like to lose around 50. The most I've ever lost successfully was 15 lbs on weight watchers, so I've got my work cut out for me. I'm starting to work out this week and got back on weight watchers (the old point system) - how'd everyone else doing it? I see a few of you are getting married this summer, how have you gone about losing the weight? I can use any tips you have!!
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm shedding for someone else's wedding if that's okay. My sister in law is getting married in April and I am in the wedding. I just had a baby in November so I have 20 lbs of baby weight left. It was only 15 but the holidays were not good to me weight wise. Ooops! So this wedding is great motivation as well as summertime closely follows.

Something motivating I just did was go thru my closet and drawers and try on clothes. It's January so the clothes that are snug now will look great by the time summer rolls around. This way I know how clothes fit and know I need to lose if I want to look good in them this summer. Plus, I found a couple cute shirts I forgot I had!
  • Vinmommy
    Options
    Good morning Ladies,

I am getting married in March, and it is creeping up! Im trying to keep up my motivation. Started jogging 4-5 miles 3-4 days and doing MMA. Working out part is great I am just really bad at my food intake and tracking Im trying >;-/, would like to lose 20-30 more pounds. I would love any tips? Good luck to all you ladies!! >;-)
  • asmithstl
    Options
    I am recently engaged, but I am not setting a date until I drop at least 20 lbs. That is my motivation! Id love some extra encouragment along the way, so if anyone would like to add me, Im all for it! I'm off for my lunch break work out shortly!

Good Luck to all of you Brides!
  • sm_usagi
    sm_usagi Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm doing this as well! I've been paying more attention to my eating and exercise since Sept 2011 and have lost 10-15 lbs (depending on the day!). Now I'm ~160lbs, 5'6", and my wedding is in June. Five months! Jeepers. I guess I'm aiming for 140lbs, but 20lbs sounds like so much to lose, given how long it's taken me to lose 10lbs. @_@. But I CAN DO IT!!

I joined a boot camp class this week, one hour each class, three times a week. My first class was Monday and my HRM tracked 700 calories - nice! And I'm tracking my food intake and trying to make healthy decisions about portion sizes and snacks. It's hard in winter though, I want a hot chocolate almost every night :( Hopefully the wedding will be the extra motivation I need to keep at it for a good few months, instead of one month on, one month off, which is kind of how it was shaping up previously!
  • JunelleC
    Options
    I am shedding for the wedding as well. My wedding date is September 21, 2013. My goal is to lose 20 lbs. I am working toward a lifestyle change as well. I have some health issues, and shedding the weight and eating right will help resolve it. I have a sweet tooth and I would l love to share healthy recipe and meal ideas.:flowerforyou:
  • sm_usagi
    sm_usagi Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    How are we all doing so far? I did my second boot camp last night (out of a block of 20 that I purchased). It was drizzling rain most of the time and we were outside on an athletic track so I felt pretty hardcore :P I was wrecked by the end though. On Monday, after my first class, I came home all happy and endorphin-ed up, but last night I came home dizzy and tired and cranky. I might have pushed too hard at the end or something.

I have my first dress fitting in March, so I'd like to lose a couple of inches by then. Is anyone else worried that if they lose too much weight the dress won't fit right on the day? I guess the final fitting should only be a couple of weeks beforehand?