New and need to stay motivated

Options
hello everyone. I'm new to this website but it seems very solid. I'm 21 and 140lb. All I want is to be125 for my wedding in August 2013 and keep it off. This website sure has opened my eyes when it comes to what I eat. I Truly believe this will be the defining change in my life. :smile:

Replies

• Westcoastin89
    Westcoastin89 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I will most definitely help you stay positive and spread encouragement.
  • m31990
    m31990 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    congrats! and welcome. I started tracking my calories today and it opened my eyes too.

hope you reach your weight-loss goal...how do you plan on losing it?
  • smoncher17
    Options
    I started by replacing foods in my house. I now have wheat bread, granola bars, oatmeal and organic foods instead of my usual junk food and leftovers. I started taking a multivitamin and started the insanity workout. I have to say after day 2 my body really hurts, but looking at this website everyday keeps me going.
  • agatasz
    agatasz Posts: 21
    Options
    Im new here myself and have a LOT of problems with motivation.. When I look in the mirror I just want to lock the door and stay there forever… Hopefully we will all get wanted weight- fingers crossed 
  • mea83
    mea83 Posts: 5
    Options
    :0) my eyes has also been opened when I realised how many calories I used to eat..NOW i count every single one..:) I want to get from size 16 to size 12 (which is the size I used to be once upon a time before I had 2 children)......I want to be the old but new me.....feeling good about myself...rather than the miserable me...who will not wear a skirt or a dress..even if its tropical heat outside..:) I want to wear what I want!!! :) So wish me luck....
  • Hopeful_
    Hopeful_ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good luck with this, you can do it! There's no motivation quite like your wedding day approaching! ;) I'm starting Insanity today, hoping to tone up, so I'm right there with you!
  • nicnactoo
    nicnactoo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Here's your motivation: your wedding photos will last a lifetime and be a permanent reminder of you and your husband on your happy day. In those photos, do you want to be 140 or 125lbs?
    That motivated me when I lost weight before my wedding. In fact, I went from about 145lbs down to 125lbs too, so it can be done.
    Good luck, you can do it. :)
  • LouiseRoseG91
    Options
    I am awful at staying motivated, i think its a problem that a lot of people have but you just need to stay positive and think about those wedding photos, they will be with you forever! :smile: