Do you lose one lb, two lbs, or...

I've been doing two lbs per week, but today, I'm REALLY hungry (that time of the month). I'm thinking of switching to 1 lb per week this week, and then switching back next week. Has anyone else done that before, or should I just stay constant at 2 lbs?

Replies

• LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    I've been doing two lbs per week, but today, I'm REALLY hungry (that time of the month). I'm thinking of switching to 1 lb per week this week, and then switching back next week. Has anyone else done that before, or should I just stay constant at 2 lbs?
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    I know you are really hungry cause that happens to many of us girls at that time but even if you go over in cals...it will pass in a day. I had one high calorie day too..but after it passed I was able to go back to usual.

Listen to your inner wisdom...then make up your mind.

Just let it be YOUR choice.

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I wouldnt worry about eating a little extra. if you have a 1000 cal deficit you can go over by quite a bit and still lose weight. I havn't done it but if you're hungry, eat something. Maybe a workout after? :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    How you want to make this 'journey' is up to you. :flowerforyou: Some days will be less comfortable than others, and your progress won't be linear. It's important to be in tune with your body, because it will send signals when you're under stress, and it'll help a lot if you can learn how to interpret them. I change my macronutrient ratios as I see fit (i.e., more or less carbs/fat depending on how much endurance/anaerobic work I'm doing) and I eat according to my activity level. If I reach a day where I'm really tired, my legs feel like lead, and I'm starving, I go ahead and eat maintenance or above on that day. You won't undo your efforts by eating a bit more, and it'll give you much more energy for your workouts!
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    I totally feel you.... last week I was on my period and I had 2 days I went over err bout 300 cals or so... :grumble: but I got back up the next days and went back to exercising and eating like I was suppose too.. and I made my goal of 10lbs lost last month... So I think you'd be fine girlie! Just make sure to drink your water, and that may settle some cravings...

Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • i would just stick to your plan. cuz hey that time of the month thing is not fun, and yeah, going over calories is normal, but its only for a few days, so just stick to it!:smile:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Thanks everybody. I started a new bc pill and it's really screwing with my hormones. It pushed me back a week in my cycle. So I've been Little Miss Bloaty for the past week. And I've been okay with eating just my calories except for today. Hello, hormones! Oh well. I think I'll try to squeeze in another workout once the little one goes to bed.

I can't wait until the hubby can get the ol' snip. Then I don't have to worry about all this hormone manipulation.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    yeh, when i was on the pill that happened to me... then i switched and got an IUD.. and I LOVE IT! granted that first week I was alil irratible because all the hormones were getting into my body.. but it works wonders.. you should check it out!