hunger

Options
cleo77
cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
Hi,
I am 230lbs and I want to lose 30 lbs by October. I have been watching my calories and exercising, so I think its possible. However, I notice I feel hungry often. does anyone have any tricks to stay fuller longer.

Replies

• bjandlm
    bjandlm Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi Cleo, try eating smaller meals more often, otherwise allow for a snack bar or two through-out the day. I like to eat a
    fiber-one snack bar, it is good for me and satisfying. Otherwise light chocolate soy milk helps.. Good Luck! BJ:smile:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Graze throughout the day and chug a lug water. Half your body weight in ounces (115 oz a day for you) will do!
    It's hard to fit food in a tummy full of agua!
  • Lobo1984
    Lobo1984 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Cleo...I found that when I eat things that are good for me, my body processes them MUCH quicker! It helps to drink water and to add fruits and veggies (fiber keeps you feeling full longer). Don't skimp on the lean proteins, too! Keep a healthy snack handy so you won't go for the chips and junk! good luck! You can do this!!!!!! Lobo
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Both protein and fiber make you feel full longer. Low calorie protein shakes can really help if you're just starving!

Also if you drink a fill glass of water before you eat anything you will eat much less at each meal! Lots of water and other sugar-free drinks can keep your belly full!

More than anything I think (at least for me) I'm more "hungry" thn hungry - as in I am not physically hungry but I WANT something more or something else. It gets better as time goes by! That, and if I ever crave 1 thing for several days I'll go ahead and have it - just less of it than I would have before! :)

I hope that helps!! You can do it! :)
  • Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    I have also noticed that if I start with a big breakfast, I'm no where near as hungry all day long. Of course not a sugary breakfust but a high protien on.

Good luck you will do great!!!!!