Replies

• theRubberBlubberWhale_Slinky
    Options
    I'll read this later :smile:
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Cool, these people have no idea
    I eat at least five times a day - you have to if you want to keep the metabolism revving

I stopped reading right there,
  • toffee2013
    toffee2013 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Very Intense - Its great if u have a job related to fitness , other than that there's no way you can pack in 30 hours a week ! lol
    Work out on a empty stomach for a week and you will see results ? I may try that soon and report back.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. In the pieces on the women there's a lot of talk of "lengthening", "toning", and trying not to bulk. Good one.

I was also struck by how David Higgins can burn 5000 cals in a day as he's a trainer and always on his feet but his food diary would put him eating only around 1200 to 1500 cals. Either there has been some serious editing of the interviews or these fitness 'experts' are holding a lot back.
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    do they work in an office 9-5, run a home, look after their 79 year old mum and have 2 children mmmmm
  • kittyraj
    kittyraj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    A whole heap of hogwash!

I've seen fitter folks on MFP!
  • kathrynlouiseellis
    kathrynlouiseellis Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    do they work in an office 9-5, run a home, look after their 79 year old mum and have 2 children mmmmm
    [/quote

Exactly!!! If we all had all day long without work or children or responsibilities I'm sure we'd have nothing better to but exercise!!! Ridic ridic ridic!!! Annoying!! I barely have time to fit In an hour a day and that's only by getting up at 5.30 am before everyone wakes up!!! Stew- pid!!! Rant over ????
  • snowbike
    snowbike Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HKooner
    HKooner Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks, I'll take a look.
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Well, they do share one common trait .....they're mid-30's and younger, haha.
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    I thought there were some good things to take away - like the one who plans her food daily, so makes it and takes it to work. And the chap says you need goals, whatever they are, otherwise exercise loses focus. Plus eating breakfast if you want to exercise well - I have made a real effort with eating breakfast since starting my NY resolution and I feel miles better for it.

However, they are also all a little bit bonkers...
  • johloz
    johloz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The first trainer knows how to lengthen muscles? I must know her secret. Given that the only way to lengthen muscles is to grow taller, she must have found a secret workout regimen that grows you a couple of inches. That's incredible.

In reality, these people are all selling something: their training studio, a juice cleanse, something. They aren't being honest with what is best for you (or what they really do). Take with a grain of salt.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    'Any more than two mouthfuls of dessert is gluttony' WHAT FRESH HELL!?