Changing to 5:2 diet

Options
I have been successfully losing weight simply by tallying my calorie intake on MFP, low carbing and exercising. I have lost 6 lbs in four months, trying to stick to around 1200 c daily. However I am finding it increasing restrictive, I am not eating the same things as the family and I feel as if I am losing out on all the fun. And definitelynnot being able to enjoy breads, noodles, pasta etc which i love. Holidays and night outs are looked on with trepidation. I have recently read about the 5:2 diet and thinking of trying it. I thought I would do five days of 1500 c and two days of 500 C, which would even make the total calorie intake same as 1200C as I am doing currently. That would allow me to have more lee way on non fasting days.
I weigh 64 kg and my goal is 60 kg. I am 1.66 m or 5 ft 5.
The 5:2diet suggests 2000c for non fasting days and 500c on fasting days but that means higher total calorie intake per week compared to what I am doing now which surely mustn't be a good thing?
What does everyone think?

Replies

• Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    You'll want to report this in the general diet and weight loss forum for answers :)
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have been successfully losing weight simply by tallying my calorie intake on MFP, low carbing and exercising. I have lost 6 lbs in four months, trying to stick to around 1200 c daily. However I am finding it increasing restrictive, I am not eating the same things as the family and I feel as if I am losing out on all the fun. And definitelynnot being able to enjoy breads, noodles, pasta etc which i love. Holidays and night outs are looked on with trepidation. I have recently read about the 5:2 diet and thinking of trying it. I thought I would do five days of 1500 c and two days of 500 C, which would even make the total calorie intake same as 1200C as I am doing currently. That would allow me to have more lee way on non fasting days.
    I weigh 64 kg and my goal is 60 kg. I am 1.66 m or 5 ft 5.
    The 5:2diet suggests 2000c for non fasting days and 500c on fasting days but that means higher total calorie intake per week compared to what I am doing now which surely mustn't be a good thing?
    What does everyone think?

Which came first, 5:2 or eat stop eat? I did IF for a year with good results, just be careful not to overeat on your other days.

Good luck.
  • Freedom125
    Freedom125 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Here's some great information on how to make your diet a lot less restrictive and still lose weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    There's a 5:2 group on MFP where you'll get great advice.