My husband likes to feed me

Options
So I was a pretty young thing, before I got married and had 4 children. I went from a 6 to a 16. I have tried to lose the weight but every time I get really serious, my husband wants to start cooking the steak and potatoes, or fried fish and macaroni, and I get sucked back into my bad eating habits. I am hoping to try something new. To build a support system, that gives me the strength to say no to those "bad for me" meals.

Replies

• Corrine5n
    Corrine5n Posts: 15
    Options
    Men....Men...Men LOL Welcome hopefully we can be that support system you need...:flowerforyou:
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    Theres nothing wrong with his steak dinners... when it comes to a dinner like steak and potatos it comes down to portion control (and sweet potatos are a much healthier option than white).... fried fish on the other hand... there isn't anything healthy about that at all. You'll find all the support you need here and more.
  • lovemy2girls
    Options
    My husband likes to feed me too! He's my biggest weight loss hurdle. It's tough because he is such a good cook. Good Luck, you can do it - just keep plugging away even if you slip up.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I'm so with ya! My hubs is a great cook and wants to feed us all the most gooey, creamy, cheesy pot fulls of delectables!

You know what you gotta do....get in that kitchen before he does! I know, I know...I'd rather not cook, myself, but it's the only way to take control back.

One last tidbit, I don't even let him grocery shop any more....really.

Once in a while, he'll sneak something in but I stay on him about the crap!!

Don't cave!
  • judithsimons
    Options
    My hubby is the same. He can eat anything and not gain one ounce. so he'll bring candy, chips, soda, and ice cream home. I tell him to eat it before he gets home, but sometimes he does not and offers it to me. if he would not bring it home we would not have this issue. he wants me to be healthy, but how can i make him understand that im not the only one who has to change?
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    You're husband should respect your wishes about the junk food... HOWEVER, it is up to YOU not to eat the food! Dont blame your husband for your decision to eat the junk. Maybe you just need more wilpower? It's easy to blame others for our own hardships.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Theres nothing wrong with his steak dinners... when it comes to a dinner like steak and potatos it comes down to portion control (and sweet potatos are a much healthier option than white).... fried fish on the other hand... there isn't anything healthy about that at all. You'll find all the support you need here and more.
    Yup. My hubby loves to cook for me as well. I love to eat his food, but I just weigh my steak. Lots of potassium so it works for me. Potatoes aren't too high in calories either.
  • crybabygemeni
    Options
    Thanks a lot, for the words of encouragement. In my original post, it seemed to some that I was blaming my husband, but that was not my intention. I know that it is through every choice that I make, that the pounds keep piling on. I came to this site for the support needed to resist his wonderful (unhealthy) cooking :smile: and for the understanding that only comes from people who are in the same boat.

I wish only the best for all of you, and thank again for the warm welcome.