can it be done w/ diet only?

Options
I'm not getting much exercise right now, i go to school 5 days a week, 3+ of which I am on my feet for 7 hours, Im a mom I cook, I clean...all the basics. I dont have the money to go to a gym, or have room in my house (right now) to plug in my treadmill. and I feel stupid doing sit-ups while my family eats cookies, lol.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm not getting much exercise right now, i go to school 5 days a week, 3+ of which I am on my feet for 7 hours, Im a mom I cook, I clean...all the basics. I dont have the money to go to a gym, or have room in my house (right now) to plug in my treadmill. and I feel stupid doing sit-ups while my family eats cookies, lol.

Of course, diet = weight loss, exercise = fitness and the ability to eat more calories. Just make sure your account is not too aggressive. Since you seem to be on your feet a lot, you should be lightly active and based on your ticket, you should be aiming for more than 1.5 lbs per week. If you feel tired or week, bump it to 1 lb per week. Exercise when you can (especially weight training or HIIT) as people who exercise maintain healthier weight and long term weight loss.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • mjoymarshall
    Options
    YES! I'm a stay at home mom during the day and I work evenings. I have absolutely NO time to work out. I was concerned about this and read article after article on the subject. Everything that I read pointed to the fact that weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% excercise. Which makes a lot of sense when you think about it...
  • CrimsonAffliction
    Options
    cutting calories can only work for so long.
    you should aim for exercising as well.
    I am limited on space and don't have the money or time for a gym.
    try Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. it is available on YouTube.
  • sunnya7
    sunnya7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I understand I have 5 kids and just because I am trying to lose doesn't mean they are lol :) how I handled my cookie intake while the family eating theirs is I have a bite of my husbands and then I am good because I got to have some. when he go to mc d's and get him a shake he would say want one and I would say no and then when he got his ask for a sip :) then he started saying I bet you don't want one but you want a sip of mine and I was like yep :) and now I don't want sweetie as much and if I do have something I try to find something with less calories and always add what I ate :)
  • AnjellaRose_GF_SillyYak
    Options
    I actually cant have the cookies even if I wasn't trying to lose weight, I have Celiac.

I was able to speak with my local (new) fitness center and they have worked a pay schedule that works for me, so I will try to go there a few days a week after school, they also have cardio & zumba classes that fit my schedule. I'm very excited.
    and yeah my goal is 2# a week.