Last first time!

Options
I am almost 50 years old and I am tired of being overweight, It is time for a change!
I want to be here a lot longer for my daughter and way down the track I want to see grandchildren:flowerforyou:

My weight battles started after having my daughter and has fluctuated ever since. I have tried many diets but lose motivation in the end.
I have joined MFP because this is the last first time I am going to lose the weight! :smile:

I would love to find some friends on here to help with some motivation and I would be happy to do the same for you :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SallyAnnNorton
    SallyAnnNorton Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi i am 47 and want this to be my last first time too, i struggled with my weight all my life, yo yoing by 4 stone or so. This site is an inspiration to me, and i hope this time will be the last time. Good luck to us both.
  • cfilipi74
    cfilipi74 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you both. I am 38 and was never overweight growing up, but once I had my second child, I slowly started gaining the weight and have been successful with Weight Watchers, but of course, I gained it all back and more. I am really hoping to feel great by the time I turn 40 next year. Good luck to you both and feel free to add me as a friend... we can all use the support.
  • annieoquilts
    annieoquilts Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about motivation, because I'm there too!
  • leonard53
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP i am like you i have one daughter i am turning 50 this year and i have strugglef with my weight since having my daughtet 26 years ago hopefully wr can all help each other through good luck
  • time2luse
    Options
    Hi all and welcome. I too am in a similar situation; but added to that, I am getting married in 6 weeks, and would really like to look and feel my best.

Feel free to add me, as we work together to lose the weight once and for all.
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I like your topic the last first time. Although I have battled this weight issue since my teens, I can identify with the repeated battle. I have taken it off and put back on so many times it is hard to count. I'm with you the last first time! Would love to share support with you.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You need to change your outlook. This is not a diet so you can lose weight..you will fail if you look at it like this. Change your frame of reference to getting healthier (and living to see your grandkids). Losing weight will be a by product, you'll have more energy all of which will keep you motivated. Take it one minute at a time and don't sent unrealistic goals. I too spent my whole life dieting and was fat and unhealthy the whole time and always felt like a failure. I changed my outlook and have now been 16 months working on my new lifestyle and love it. As you can see if you look at my diary there are weeks when I work really hard at it and weeks when I just kinda coast but I'm never going back to my old way of thinking. If I keep losing weight great but if not I'm fitter and healthier today than I have ever been. Friend me if you like, and best of luck in your new lifestyle!!
  • ChangingMyWays63
    Options
    I completey agree it's a lifestyle change not a diet I just meant that I have tried many diets in the past that have not worked this time I am looking for the lifestyle change :smile: