Hello fellow dieters

Options
Hello, this is my first time on here and its nice to be on somewhere where we are all singing from the same hymn sheet. I have got quite a few pounds to lose and I am hoping to get alot of motivation from people on here. I got given the calorie intake of 1200 cals per day from MFP. I have already read a few posts on here that 1200 cals is too low and people found it hard to lose weight as their bodies were basically starving. They were advised by fellow dieters to up the calorie intake a little and hopefully then weight would be lost. So, I have done that and now my daily calorie intake is now 1450 cals. I now need to start having those calories as I have a tendancy to go below the intake mark but I don't want to be eating weightwatchers ready meals everyday, therefore, I need to find healthy but easy recipes !! I have to have my main meal during the day because I found that if I had it at tea time, I would put weight on as I wasn't as active in the evening. At least having it at miday, I have the rest of the day to burn it off. I have also just got myself a exercise bike and so far I am doing 10 mins twice a day and I will slowly be building on it everyday.

Surely I will get somewhere :laugh:

Anne xxx

Replies

• vg8pr0
    vg8pr0 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Someone recommended SkinnyTaste.com to me and it is wonderful. I've made a few recipes already and my family and I love them.
  • fluffypetal
    Options
    Thank you, I will have a look at that site.

Anne xxx
  • sueberloo
    Options
    Hi

I joined on Monday and so far am loving it. It really is making me think twice about what I am having. I am on the 1200 calories and finding that I can still pretty much eat what I want because of the exercise. I used to be really fit and a size 8 before I had my baby but she is two now and I am a size 12!!! Not happy!! I was able to go to the gym every afternoon before I had her but don't get the time these days. I also have an exercise bike and I do half an hour at a time and the sweat pours off me. I also do 200 situps and weights when I use the bike. I also run when I can too. I am going to weigh myself weekly on the same day I think to see if there are any changes. I am not hoping for miracles just want to slim steadily. I also enjoyed a tipple sometimes during the week and have stopped that now which were empty calories that I did not need. So fingers crossed this will work.

Sue xx
  • fluffypetal
    Options
    Hi Sue, I am loving this site too and it really gets you to look at what calories you're eating. I am wanting to get into a size 16/18 (uk) at least. I am hoping to get there one day as I do have alot to lose so fingers crossed :wink:

Good luck and I hope you get to your goal too.

Anne xxx
  • sueberloo
    Options
    Cheers Anne

Yeah i'm sure if we stick to it and are realistic when tracking your food then I'm sure that there should be some movement! lol.

Good luck x