Healthy Cookbooks

Options
Are there any cookbooks or websites you use to come up with new healthy recipies. I eat pretty good but I tend to fall in the same rut of eating the same foods over and over and I keep things very plain and simple. When I eat like this I get bored and never finish my meal. For example...last night I have 3 oz of grilled chicken breast and steamed veggies. I ate all the veggies but 3/4 of that chicken breast the dog happily ate for me. I can eat veggies and fruit all day but when it comes to meat... I get bored super quick. I need some healthy cook books that you here actually use and recommend. Thanks :smile:

Replies

• Kellylynnhaynes
    Kellylynnhaynes Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Check out Hungry girl. You can get recipes off of the website too. Hungrygirl.com She also has books available.
  • lmercil
    lmercil Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    check out:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com - all of her recipies are amazing!
  • Bluebox32
    Bluebox32 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks will look at those. :)

Any other suggestions.

Also...how do you not get bored with eating? Do you always vary your meals?
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I think you have to change your view on eating in general. Once you get eating is for sustenance, not more emotional, it becomes easier to eat the same stuff more often. That being said, you should allow yourself to eat the food you enjoy from time to time, but you it will make this lifestyle change more difficult if you continue to see food as ONLY for enjoyment or pleasure.
  • Bluebox32
    Bluebox32 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think you have to change your view on eating in general. Once you get eating is for sustenance, not more emotional, it becomes easier to eat the same stuff more often. That being said, you should allow yourself to eat the food you enjoy from time to time, but you it will make this lifestyle change more difficult if you continue to see food as ONLY for enjoyment or pleasure.

Honestly I think I eat ok but my portion size has just been too big. My problem is if I eat the same thing all the time I tend to not finish eating since I lose interest. Now that I am actually more focused on my cooking and eating I am creating meals just for my self separate from my family and since I am the only one that eats it... I have leftovers. I dont have the time to cook everyday... I generally cook only once and that is on the weekend. Therefore I am stuck with the same food all week long.