anyone else got 100lb or more to lose? (or has lost 100lb+)

Options
Hi all

for both medical and personal reason I have to lose 100lb to be within a healthy BMI.

I am aware that BMI isn't always a true indicator as it does not taken in to account muscle therefore as I lose the weight I will assess my weight goal but as it stands today i need to lose 105lbs.

I would love to feel confident in my wedding dress next March and if I aim for 2lbs or more a week i beleve my target is possible.

but I am also looking long term as I would love to wear my old clothes again and be health and fit ready to start a family in a few more years.

So no diets as I need to change my lifestyle I do not want to be putting the weight back on once I come off a diet.

I plan to lose the weight through increasing my activity, portion control and healthy eating choices.

anyone with hints and tips on how to change my lifestyle long term would be apperciated

is there anyone else that needs to lose a large amount of weight?

anyone success story, hint and tips of anyone who has lost large amounts of weight so far?

If you have a similar goal or been in a similar situation please add me as a friend and maybe we could support each other.

Replies

• amandaelizabeth81
    amandaelizabeth81 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I have about 100lbs to lose as well. I signed up for MFP a while ago but always fell off the wagon after a few days. I've lost 17lbs since starting but have realized that support is so important!
    Feel free to add me :)

Good luck!! You can do it!!
  • Wildchild1983
    Options
    17lb is good, good luck on your journey and your defo right about support I have tried and failed trying to lose weight in secret this time I am determined
  • alwaysthediva
    Options
    I am right there with you. I am trying to loose closer to 150lbs myself. I need to get to a healthier place for my health. I soo need a support person especially when I feel like im the only one whose in this struggle and ready to just hang up the effort. I want to reach my 100 pound goal by next year. I have already lost my first seven pounds but I know that is nothing in comparison to where I a going with this. I try to take one pound at a time. If your interested in teaming up for support I am on board. Thanks!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You can see by my tag, I've lost 133. I had weight loss surgery July 2011, specifically the gastric sleeve. I still have 93 left to get to "ideal" weight. Personally I will be happy landing anywhere under 200 pounds. Honestly, without the surgery I could not have done this, so feel free to add me as a friend if you want, but just know that our journey is different because of the surgery.