Just found Sriracha ...

Options
2»

Replies

• Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    especially good on eggs.. also on some rice and beans.. soo good ...
  • JDelphiki
    JDelphiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I use it on absolutely EVERYTHING.

My favorite recipe using it is a wing recipe. I have switched wings out for boneless skinless chicken breasts. Here is the ink to recipe:

Ingredients
    3-4 lbs. chicken wings
    1 tablespoon corn starch
    1-1/3 cups soy sauce
    1/3 cup Mirin rice cooking wine* (or other white wine)
    1/2 cup honey
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
    2-3 tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce* (or other hot chili sauce); omit chili sauce altogether for mild, sweet wings
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut chicken wings into sections at their joints, discarding the tips. Arrange wing pieces in a single layer in baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. In small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. In separate bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, Mirin, honey, garlic, ginger, chili sauce, and cornstarch mixture. Pour sauce over chicken wings. Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes; turning wings over in pan every 25 minutes. Remove from oven and leave in baking dish for 10 minutes. The sauce will thicken as it cools. With tongs, roll each wing in the sauce to coat it completely; place on platter and serve.

*Mirin cooking wine and Sriracha chili sauce are usually found in the Asian aisle of your grocery store.

Nutritional Information. For 2 wing sections (or one whole wing), 74 calories, 2.5g fat, 10.5g carbs, 8.1g sugars, 3.6g protein, 9g fiber; Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 2 (or 1 point per wing section).

http://www.theyummylife.com/honey_teriyaki_hot_wings#EmbedRecipe_83
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I can add Sriracha to just about anything. It's one of my favorite things.
  • hello_momo
    hello_momo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    oh em gee that recipe sounds amazing.. i <3 Sriracha.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    another sriracha lover here! there's a sriracha popcorn recipe, haven't tried it but i heard it's good. also,

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/sriracha

http://shop.theoatmeal.com/ and

http://www.minimus.biz/Lee-Kum-Kee-Sriracha-Chili-Sauce-F03-3441801-1100.aspx

you're welcome!
  • Juliesigns
    Juliesigns Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also put Sriracha on everything! My favorite lately is to put it on egg white omelets. Mmmm...
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use it with coconut milk in some thai dishes
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Sriracha = ♥

Oh, and I'm so sorry you just now found it.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    My step mom and best friend are obsessed with that! They literally put it in or on almost anything they eat. Even soup!
  • bthumudo
    bthumudo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    After reading this post I finally gave in and bought a bottle. HOLY CRACK OF THE GODS!!! Why didn't I try it sooner? I can't wait to try it on something else. Great stuff!
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Sriracha = ♥

Oh, and I'm so sorry you just now found it.
    LOL..

I had been using an Indonesian sambal oolek and was in the Asian market looking for it when I spied the authentic Thai sriracha... and I had read a few posts from my US friends about how they love it so I thought I would try it.

Yummmm.....

I think I may need to use it in a pad thai or something...

My husband just eyeballed it and said "is it your hot or my hot?" Bahahaha...he is about to find out as I made up some sriracha chicken thighs and used it as a sandwich filling for his lunch today :bigsmile:

(I'm a bit of a chilli queen - I cut up hot thai chillis and mix them thru my pasta etc and I make two versions of my hot thai foods - one for me and my eldest and one for the rest of the family that doesn't singe your eyebrows)