Have you thrown out your teflon pans?

Options

Replies

• Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have a parrot, so no teflon in our house at all. Otherwise I'd teflon away :tongue:
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    This is why I can't read
    fixed
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Only when I get tired of washing dishes.
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Kind of want to throw mine out but I bought a stainless steel pan and it sticks like crazy. So I just didn't cook. Finally bought teflon and just said screw it...cant be much worse than walking around running cars all the time in the city.

Responding to see if any tips come up on how to cook without everything sticking! Otherwsie teflon it is for me.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I read this as Teflon pants. Wondered where to buy.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I have a parrot, so no teflon in our house at all. Otherwise I'd teflon away :tongue:

This confuses me.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

This confuses me.

Too much temptation to cook the bird, but as it stands, it would stick to the pans they have now, so they refrain.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    how does teflon stick to a pan, when nothing sticks to teflon?
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Yeah. that teflon is some scary *kitten*. . I've switched to depleted uranium. .
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,069 Member
    Options
    I tried to throw mine away, but they are like boomerangs and just came back.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options

This confuses me.

Too much temptation to cook the bird, but as it stands, it would stick to the pans they have now, so they refrain.

Then the hatred is not strong enough.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    The only "non-stick" I've ever really used are my cast iron pans. All the rest are either stainless steel or enamled cast iron.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I have 1 non-stick pan and a whole set of Caphalon stainless pans. I love my stainless, but it's hard to keep them clean. Eventually, I'll be moving to a full cast iron set, but not for a while.
  • MadameLAL
    MadameLAL Posts: 108
    Options
    Yes, they are long gone.

I only cook in stainless steel All-Clad pans now. A sprinkle of salt and spritz of oil while heating the pan to medium heat even works while cooking an egg. I also spare the oil while pan-frying by using a small corner of the pan, while positioning the rest of the pan off the burner. This works great when I saute onions.
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    I just cook bacon and eggs on the exhaust manifold of my Silverado.....

No pans reuired, and the old motor oil keeps them from sticking....
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

This confuses me.

PFOA's are pretty nasty to birds. Actually a legit concern of cooking with teflon pans.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Teflon fumes have been known to kill birds.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=15+1829&aid=2874

I do like cast iron but find that its so hard to regulate temps. I often end up burning my food. Any advice?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I just cook bacon and eggs on the exhaust manifold of my Silverado.....

No pans reuired, and the old motor oil keeps them from sticking....

I love this idea!! Damn i wish I had my old silverado back... using a ford escape is NOT the same at all...
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    how does teflon stick to a pan, when nothing sticks to teflon?

RmSFI.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I do like cast iron but find that its so hard to regulate temps. I often end up burning my food. Any advice?
    I've never had that problem.