HELP - Night Time Munchies!!

Options
Ugh, this is killing me. I am really good all day long, while I'm busy. After I put the kids to bed, dinner is cleared and next day lunches made, I get a little bit of down time for me. Sometimes I will watch TV or read. As soon as I start to relax, I find myself heading for the munchies. I nibble on carrots and other crunchy things throughout the day, and I am sick of the healthy snacks by the time evening rolls around.

Any suggestions for either getting rid of the night time munchies or munching on something else onther than the dreaded raw vegetables???

Replies

• merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs of popcorn- works for me every time! :)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Two ideas, make sure you get a lot of protein and fiber at dinner so you won't be as hungry later, and save some calories for a late night snack. There have definitely been times where I've saved enough calories for me to eat half a dozen cookies in bed.
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I try and keep my night time snaking to a minimum.... but I am the same as you.. sometimes I just want something.

I try and change it up, so sometimes I will do a fruit or a veggie. If I am feeling sweet, I mix it up. SO the other night I had a dark chocolate pudding cup with a cup of strawberries and 1/4 cup of cashews. It was really satisfying and delicious!