25 year old needs to loose 130 lbs

Options
Hello all, I have been overweight my whole life but never to this extreme. My weight spiraled out of control when my mother was diagnosed with cancer and 3 years later I lost her. I gained 6 dress sizes..and Now I'm barely squeezing into Lane Bryant clothing..it's scary..about 100lbs was added to my 5"0 figure. I wasn't thin before just thick I was happy with myself and Now thats another story..I have lost 34 lbs so far and I hope to loose another 50 this year if possible more..I would love to meet people here and gain knowledge from everyone.. Have a wonderful day guys :) can't wait to meet interesting people here!! <3

Replies

• scorpia1977
    scorpia1977 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am so very sorry for your loss! I can't even imagine.

You came to the right place. MFP will become family and will also provide you with support and the motivation to do this.

You are more than welcome to add me as a friend, if you would like.
  • Jessikacc
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • nursemarie162
    Options
    hey there!
    Welcome to MFP, Ive only been here for a bit but im in the same boat as you...Ive been a 'bigger' girl my entire life, but in the last couple of years its gotten to be OUT OF CONTROL. I have about 100 pounds to lose and im just taking one day at a time because thinking about losing that much right now is a bit discouraging...I can be some support for you too if you like? feel free to add me!
    Good luck on your journey and be proud of yourself because your already taking the begining steps to a whole new you and thats incredible! :happy: :drinker:
  • Jessikacc
    Options
    you're absolutely right! It is scary to tell myself I need to loose more than 100 pounds, I like to go in segments and i rather tell myself that I need to loose 10 pounds it seems like an reachable goal.
  • BlacknightDH
    BlacknightDH Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    First) I am sorry for your loss. Losing a parent at a young age is always hard (lost my mother at 21.)

Second) Feel free to add me. I have to lose over 100 pounds and would be happy to offer support :)