sea salt flush

Options
Anybody hear of taking two teaspoons of sea salt in a quart of water to flush your system?

Replies

• sollygirl
    sollygirl Posts: 107
    Options
    A girl at work told me about this last week. Sounds pretty disgusting if you ask me.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    OHH I've heard of it! I've also heard that it's not very kind to your behind. ;)
  • that1girlsierra
    Options
    I've heard of it, but I've been too scared to try it because I heard it messes with your good bacteria, and I have tummy issues, so I'm not sure if I want to tempt fate. I think my boyfriend wants to try it, so if he does, Ill come back and ill you in!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have a hard enough time drinking just plain water. Id like to know if it works too but i dunno about drinking a whole quart of salt water. That just sounds like it would make me :sick:
  • LindaB53
    LindaB53 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It does sound nasty. I also wonder what effect it would have on your electrolytes. If it alters your sodium levels, it could be dangerous..
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    a bit of salt and warm water does wonder if you use it to gargle for a sore throat, but when I've accidentally swallowed some. Bleeeeeeeehhh:sick: :tongue:
  • livingnlove
    Options
    From what I read in the master cleanse book, your body doesn't absorb the salt or the water and just pushes it through. Apparently though you don't want to leave the bathroom for quite awhile!!!! LOL
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I've done something similar - and without being to graphic you will be trapped in a bathroom for HOURS and you behind will be very sore!! In other words, it's fine to do but be sure you have no plans for the rest of the day!!!

Good luck! :)
  • bboeke
    bboeke Posts: 8
    Options
    I have done it before. In order to get it down I mix the salt in a shot of water and down it, then chug a bunch of water. I find its easier to do it that way because you are not constantly drink salt water after the first drink. It does take out all of the bacteria in your intestines both good and bad so may want to take a pro-biotic, I take acidophilus. You do not feel very good while you're getting rid of everything but I have notice after I do it I feel more energetic and just all around better.