I think I posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Eww. :sick:
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to eat and apple here! Hey maybe I'll be hungry again in 20 minutes.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Approximately 20 minutes after meal is finished, the patient will perform the “aspiration” process, in which they use the AspireAssist to remove 30 percent of their stomach’s contents before the calories are absorbed.

Call me old-fashioned, but I'd rather just eat 30% fewer calories.
  • ctgirlscout
    ctgirlscout Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    What will they think of next? Obviously, not for people who are dedicated to changing their lifestyle to lose weight. Kind of for people of the mindset that they want "instant results" with little or no work. I see lots of problems if this product takes off.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I've read a couple articles about this device. It sounds horrific! But its also less evasive than gastric bypass or the band so maybe as a short term solution it could be beneficial to some people. I think the harder part is always the same whether GBP or this thing - its the mindset. Beating the compulsion to overeat is what can be the most challenging aspect of significant weightloss for many.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I'll take 2
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Approximately 20 minutes after meal is finished, the patient will perform the “aspiration” process, in which they use the AspireAssist to remove 30 percent of their stomach’s contents before the calories are absorbed.

Call me old-fashioned, but I'd rather just eat 30% fewer calories.

C'mon man. Thats just crazy. USE THE TECHNIOLOGY BROTHER!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    mechanically assisted bulimia
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    No.
  • bauer1971
    bauer1971 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

It saves the teeth and gag reflex. So thats a plus.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Before I read the link I had visions of someone sticking a tube down their gullet to such the food back out.

Now that I've read the article... I think my first idea seems less freaky than having a tube surgically inserted directly into your stomach. :huh:

The lengths that people will go to truly knows no bounds.
  • sheriann1271
    sheriann1271 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I seen a news clip in this. Seems like it would just encourage Bulemia (sp?). I don't see the difference.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Abso-freaking-lutely!!!

I can see the infomercial now...

Do you like food but not the exercise?

Is your waistline expanding faster than you can eat?

The try the new
    GUTBUSTER

Now you can eat ALL you want, WHEN you want and the GUTBUSTER just sucks it all away![i/]
  • erinpooh
    Options
    Why use a device when you can just engage in some good old-fashioned bulimia???
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Unless the user learns to modify their poor eating habits, they're only going to eat more. Now, instead of eating a whole pizza, they can eat two whole pizzas !! Yeah this is the answer.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Actually, you can't broccoli, etc because it might clog up the device. So....what..liquid diet? Pfffft.

No thanks. This is ridiculous.