I need to confess....

Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
So I did great all week and was planning on continuing that through the weekend..but last night...after I had already had a Lean cusine for dinner and I had 200 calories left...I went to Uno's with friends and did not have any intentions on eating or having any drinks. Buy of course when my boyfrined ordered a pizza, and I had been craving bad food all week. I had a moment of weakness and ordered there UNO burger..with..fries...ughhhhh So I went way over yesterday :(

Replies

• mromnek
    mromnek Posts: 325
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and burn off some calories. You will make it!!!!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and burn off some calories. You will make it!!!!

I'll be off to the gym in half an hour..but Im not going to be burning that many calories :(
  • khoolette
    khoolette Posts: 73
    Clean your house or do some gardening....that burns ALOT Of calories according to MFP!!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    If you're like me, your weight is up a couple of pounds today. But, in 2-3 days it'll be gone.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    One day or meal wont kill the work you have done, but drink a lot of water to flush the sodium and stay on track the rest of the weekend. Eat lots of veggies today and stay on the low end of your calories today to make up for going over last night. You can do it, just remember that it is a process! You still need to live your life and that includes a burger and fries every now and again.
  • cymills
    cymills Posts: 133 Member
    Ok - so that was yesterday - let it go! BTW - there is no BAD food . We do ,sometomes, make unwise choices ...get over it.
    It is more important to spend time with others , social and be NORMAL , then to obsess over what happened yesterday!
    It is called LIFE..make sure you keep it in perspective! LMAO!!!
  • TheBestMe
    TheBestMe Posts: 108 Member
    It's alright hun. I do this frequently. I think it's called "I did well all week so one slip up won't hurt" syndrome. A great cure for it is hitting yourself in the head and saying "YES it will ruin my whole week don't do it!"

If you do fall prey to this terrible syndrome side effects may be regret and dissapointment for a very short period of time after.

Just pick yourself up. Today is a new day! We all make unwise choices but that's life and we are in it for the long haul!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    dont beat your self up over it! Get back on track, lots of water, exercise and veggies. Most of us slip now and then, but as long as your back, your doing fine.
  • becky123456
    becky123456 Posts: 75 Member
    You totally can't beat yourself up over this.. If we all completely stopped eating all the things we want, we would all go crazy!
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Since you already ate the burger and fries, wouldn't it feel better to get the full enjoyment out of it and say "MMM - that was really good!" and then move on with your priority of losing weight? I understand self-flagellation with the goal of reducing the likelihood that you'll over-indulge again, but you're a big girl, and you know that you know better without giving yourself a guilt trip!

Best to you in getting back on track and NOT beating yourself up to do it!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    But this is TODAY! Don't push "replay." Put in a new tape and push PLAY! Your body is very forgiving and one day won't do you in. No one is perfect. Just shoot for 90% good and you will succeed. I know how you feel. I was in a similar situation last night. BUT, today is a new day. It has been a day of heavy drinking for me...water that is! :laugh: Also, I am taking part in the Skinny Saturday Challenge, so I am doubling my workout today. Got one in this am and will do another this afternoon. Want to join me?

Have a wonderful day!:flowerforyou:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I think it's best to allow yourself to indulge on occasion. I went out for my little cousin's 9th birthday to a Mexican place last night. I haven't eaten anything unhealthy since probably Easter. And last night I ordered beer and fajitas with guacamole and cheese and sour cream. It was something I needed. And today, I woke up and kicked my butt in EA Sports Active on the Wii, and started eating healthy again. It's all about putting things in perspective. Diets tend to fail if you don't let yourself have any leeway. A little is a good thing :) Just get back on track today and don't think that last night was a failure.
  • We are allowed to have a day here and there to eat some bad stuff! But, dont beat yourself up over it. We're only human. Sometimes I will be doing so well for a while, then eat junk twice a week. But, you cant let yourself feel bad because of it. When I do that, then I just make a better effort to stay on track. It doesn't mean that I've fallen off the band wagon. We all do the best we can.

Just make a better effort if your feeling tempted. And if you give in, just know you will be ok. We all have been there many times, and there is nothing wrong with it. Pick yourself up again, and try, try again!
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Don't be so hard on yourself. I don't know about other people here at MFP, but I give myself one "cheat" day per week. Usually the day I weigh in, AFTER I weigh myself. It works for me.

Remember; one meal, one day at a time. Let yesterday go, today is a new day! If you are feeling really horrid about it, maybe do a little bit of extra exercise (gardening, house work, whatever works for you)

Keep your chin up, you'll be fine :)

Cheers :flowerforyou:
    jewel
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    That is life...and we need to make changes we can live with and that means we are going to have days that are not "perfect". It is so normal! You are doing great. And if it is any consolation...I went WAY over yesterday too...and I kinda PLANNED on it. :)
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Sometimes you need to be knocked down in order to pick yourself up and come out stronger than before! Don't stress and continue pushing on! :)
This discussion has been closed.