Stuck at 130....

Options
I've been loosing weight steadily until I hit 130lbs. Now I seem to be stuck there. I upped my calories from 1200 to 1300 about a month ago... should I up to 1400? I'm still doing a workout video at least 4 days a week and I mix it up between 5 different ones so I'm not always doing the same one.

Take a look at my diary and let me know if you think it's my diet. I'm totally at a loss here...

Replies

• MrsElyshaGunn
    Options
    Have you been doing the same exercise routine and sticking to generally the same foods?
  • poundis
    poundis Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am curious to hear the replies because I too am stuck in a rut.
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Oh what I would do to be stuck at 130 lbs...
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at 130 FOREVER!!! I started zig zagging calories and mixing up my workouts and that helped a lot!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    130?? what's that? Haven't seen that since my early teen years-LOL

GOOD FOR YOU!

Anywho - Here is a good calculator to figure out how many cals you need..

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My workout and diet changes from day to day. Is that my problem? I have been doing 30DS along with 3 other Jillian videos and 2 cardio videos as well as throwing in some soccer with my husband. My food is all over the board. I'm pretty sure my carbs have been up and protein down lately. Could that be it? So frustrating cuz I'm 5 lbs away from my goal. Sigh...

I'm 5'6"

Ahhh....sorry I opened my diary. Thought it was, oops :)
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Do you do strength training apart from the videos? I do JM videos, which have great body-weight exercises, but I get better results with some actual weights in there, too. Also, I've needed more exercise than I thought. I figured 30 minutes of JM 4-5 days a week should do it. It didn't. To lose, I need to exercise every day, and on most of those days I need to go for 45-60 minutes, sometimes more. At first it was hard to fit in, but it got easier.

Good luck! You'll get there!
  • flying_inside
    flying_inside Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I feel like this answer may be simplistic, but being very familiar w/water weight, I'd recommend lowering your sodium intake & see what happens. If this isn't the cause, it's still something that's good for the body. Best of luck to you as you figure out the culprit & congrats on making it to 130!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm at 5'4 and when I hit 130 I upped my calories to 1500 NET. So 1500, and ate all of my exercise calories back ( i have a polar HRM). That's how I shifted my plateau and entered the 120's.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary, too. I'd say try to cut out the processed stuff. You are really careful with your calories. Cutting out processed stuff really helped me. I won't say I don't fall of the wagon, cuz I love junk. BUT the cleaner I eat, the better results I get and the better I feel. I try to ask myself, "Would a cave man know this is food?" If the answer is yes, it is probably good. If the answer is no, it probably isn't. Try to get most of your calories from un-processed, clean foods.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    "I'm 5'6"

Ahhh....sorry I opened my diary. Thought it was, oops :)"
    [/quote]

You're weight is pretty low for your height as is. There's a chance that your body likes being 130. But you might want to consider eating more. Your TDEE with minimal activity is 1630.

If you do that though, don't be surprised if you initially gain a pound or two, as your metabolism is probably a bit slow due to the lack of calories. It'll catch up though.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Tons of water!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Add in a new exercise (if you only do cardio, start lifting and vice versa) and adjust your macros (more protein, less carbs/fat). If that still doesn't work, adjust your calories and exercise more.
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my sodium intake has sucked lately. I'll watch that closer. Also I don't strength train right now. We only have one gym in town and I can't afford it. Hubby did pick up a used bowflex but we don't have anywhere to set it up yet. Any suggestions for strength training at home?

Maybe I'll also try upping my calories by another 100. I have my activity level at the lowest setting but with a toddler, dogs, and horses to take care of along with all the "household" chores I'm prob actually in the "light" activity level.

Thanks for the congrats on the 130. It is a really good feeling to see that number again. I feel a lot better about myself and have a lot more energy.
  • avakathryn
    Options
    You need to "shock" your body. Maybe try doing two "protein only" days per week since you mentioned that you are high on carbs right now. This really worked for me before my wedding last summer and I found it easy to maintain. I would eat as much lean protein as I wanted (egg whites, chicken, fish, low-fat dairy) with green veggies as well (spinach, kale, brocolli, that kind of thing) for two consecutive days every week, while maintaining a "clean" diet for the rest of the week. Anything that your body isn't used to will kick start it past your plateau. I also agree your calorie intake is too low. You probably need to be up at 1500 at least but of clean, unprocessed foods.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I was stuck at 134 for a bit and then got down to 128. I always ate 1500-1600 calories though. I bought a Bodymedia armband and saw what I was actually burning and upped my calories to 1800. I've also added heavy (for me) weight training. I went back up to 132 for about a month, but kept up with my changes and had some faith. The water weight from the increased training went away and I'm back down to 129.

Everyone is different, but I think my body just needed a change. Strength training has been great for me and I've learned to somewhat let go of the number on the scale and focus and the number that I can now lift. :-)

Good luck to you!

BTW I'm also 5'6" and waaaay older than you.
  • JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at 130? I have found that I tend to get stuck at a certain weight for as long as 2 weeks. It is maddening... but Ive learned if I stay the course, my weight will suddenly drop 2 - 3 pounds. I feel your pain... Im within a few pounds of my goal as well.
    The only other advice I have is less sugar.... I love a bit of candy every now and then too but try some cheese sticks, turkey or some fruit for sweet tooth and less sugar cereal and cookies!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    You would have to be pretty short for that to be a problem.