BodyMedia Fit Calories burned at night too high??

Options
Hey guys!

This is my third day with the BodyMedia Fit and I love it. I realized I needed to eat a lot more now than what MFP told me. Aside from that, this morning I woke up to see my sleep data and saw that the device says I burn around 950 calories while sleeping and it detects pretty accurately when I'm sleeping so it knows I am sleeping during that period. I'm 18 years old and weigh 168 lbs and am moderately active. Does this make sense or is this an exaggeration?

Replies

• c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are a moderately active young male would lead me to believe your BMF is pretty accurate. I woke up this morning with a burn of 558, but I am also a female, who is 20 years your senior, and I am pretty sedentary outside of the walks I take for exercise.

The more you use it, the more accurate it becomes, as it "learns" your daily habits. If you find that your over night burn is inconsistent from day to day, meaning that it fluctuates more than 100-ish calories for the same number of hours slept, then I would check into it further.
  • thegummyking
    Options
    Okay thank you! I'll be watching it carefully for the next few days.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right to me, too. I usually burn 550-600 at night while I'm sleeping. I'm female, weigh less and am older than you, so it makes sense you would burn quite a bit more than me.
  • BodyMedia
    Options
    Hi rafa0794,

Glad to hear you’re loving your BodyMediaFIT! Yes, it does seem like you sleep burn is on target for you age and weight. Hope this helps and best of luck reaching all your fitness goals!

- Laurie