How do I stop the binging?

Options
I've lost a lot of weight over the past half a year, I'm 18 and I'm on my last few pounds (literally 4 or 5 left to go) but my goal was the middle/end of February and I was doing really well until Christmas and things started to go down hill. I get home from college after a great day food wise, then bam the binge will start, usually it starts off fairly small and I keep going back for more - even when I'm past hunger stage. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm really nervous about it :( Please let me know any tips about motivation and having self control?! How do I stop the binging? Thanks a lot guys.

Replies

• oAshlio
    oAshlio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with binging, but I keep some healthy foods that are low in calories and such in the house. Fruit salad, apples, celery, and I binge on those instead. I know its not the same for everyone but try going for the healthier and leaner stuff when you want to snack and not just for the good looking but not so healthy stuff. Remember, you made it this far, dont go back now or look over your shoulder. Its all behind you and now you just gotta keep moving forward!
  • gsschulte
    gsschulte Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It all comes down to why? why do you start eating and why do you stop? I do this constantly at my parents house. We grew up with food as the celebration so it seems very natural to eat seconds or even thirds while there. The only thing that currently comes close to helping is to take less on each time. I have found through trial and error its the amount of implied approval of the meal that is the expression to the maker in our house so I tend to take a half a serving and go back twice.

On the other side of the coin you could be restricting your caloric intake to much. what is your BMR and what restriction have you placed on that, 500 1000? are you eating back your exercise calories? maybe its time to try a different tack and really look at the triggers and the numbers and see if there is something there.