Picking a Fitness Monitor

Options
2»

Replies

• atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a HRM with chest strap...i loved the idea of the fitbit but since it doesn't track your heart rate, i was skeptical about the accuracy of the calorie burn...

i think the reason i annoy people so much with my weight loss efforts is because i obsess over it...some say as long as you are moving that should be enough but it's not for me...lol...i want to know what i'm logging is correct...lol...
  • rmgatch
    rmgatch Posts: 38
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Ultra since November and have used it daily. Helped me monitor calories burned and using along side with MFP has been tremendously beneficial in trying to meet my goals. I did look at the BodyMedia but decided against it because of the monthly subscription. I liked the Fibit so much I bought them as Christmas present for the parents. They have been using them daily also to help track the amount of miles they have been walking around the neighborhood when they walk the dogs.
  • cwanek726
    cwanek726 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I bought the Fitbit Ultra a few months ago, and so far, I love it. I also use a Polar FT7 for my workouts that don't involve as much walking/running. I love them both and would recommed either one. I love how the Fitbit will track sleep patterns, it's a great tool to know how well you're sleeping.
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to decide between the two at the moment as well. If you have a Costco membership the BodyMedia Link is on sale for $120 with a free year of online access. That's by far the best deal I've found.

The downside to that one IMO is the continued payments as well as the fact that I've heard they don't do well unless you're doing a lot of forward motion / arm movement. So my spinning classes probably wouldn't register well on it. Plus I was always under the impression when I saw them on BL that they had some kind of HRM in them, but it doesn't seem that they do, so I fail to see where that would do me better than the FitBit, plus it's bulkier and especially during the summer I don't know that I want it hanging out there for all to see all the time KWIM? Especially if I can get those killer arms I'm working for and am trying to show them off in short sleeved shirts.

I am REALLY liking the look of the new FitBit Flex, but I don't want to wait! Waaaaah! Lol. I still have a bit more money to save up, but I am thinking I will go with that once it comes out.