Let's help each other!

Options
Hi! My name's Ella. (Intros are so hard, lol) To get to the point, I'd love support, friends, encouragement/motivation to help on this journey. I'm looking to lose about 100 lbs. I've read mfp, is an awesome site, and best of al it works!

I do work out, about 3x a week. It's a struggle to make healther food choices, but I'm trying. My problem lies with my sweet tooth!

Replies

• Zommbunny
    Options
    :happy: i have 100+ to loose also - feel free to add
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi Ella - I'm Randi. I'm looking to lose about 75-80 lbs. I'm always looking for motivation and support, and will hopefully be able to provide the same :smile:
    This is my 3rd time trying to tackle the weight loss. I'm cracking down on my eating - I don't necessarily have a sweet tooth, it is more like a carbohydrate tooth. LOL I'm trying to keep the unhealthy carbs out of my diet - which can be tricky when I work 2 jobs. I am going to be starting the Les Mills Combat program as soon as it arrives. I've done Turbo Fire and loved it - it is just time to get back into the swing of working out again!
  • ella1227
    Options
    :happy: i have 100+ to loose also - feel free to add

Request sent.
  • ella1227
    Options
    Hi Ella - I'm Randi. I'm looking to lose about 75-80 lbs. I'm always looking for motivation and support, and will hopefully be able to provide the same :smile:
    This is my 3rd time trying to tackle the weight loss. I'm cracking down on my eating - I don't necessarily have a sweet tooth, it is more like a carbohydrate tooth. LOL I'm trying to keep the unhealthy carbs out of my diet - which can be tricky when I work 2 jobs. I am going to be starting the Les Mills Combat program as soon as it arrives. I've done Turbo Fire and loved it - it is just time to get back into the swing of working out again!

Hi Randi! Thanks, same here.

I lost count on how many times I've tried tackling my weight, lol. I see where your struggle lies. We're in similar situation, as far as time constraints. I work full time, go to school, have kids,--a teenager, and 2 little ones, hubby works nights most nights, lol! I'm committed to 3 days, but would love to get in at least 4 days. What is Les Mills Combat? I'm guessing you work out at home? I'd love that option, but that option is out. Look forward to interactions!
  • katieward5648
    Options
    Hello Ella i'm new here and trying to tackle my weight loss once and for all, feel free to add me :)
  • ThomasRGrady
    Options
    HI Ella & Randi (and anyone else) Please feel free to add me as a friend. I will send you a request. I have 70-80lbs to lose, so we are all on the same track.
  • believer65
    Options
    Yes helping give support to one another is important, you say you have a sweet tooth funny I do to. But things that are sweet and taste good are apples, cherry tomatoes, and then there is weight watchers ice cream those things are yummy. I am loving this site so far and I have just joined I tried sparkpeople but I couldnt find the foods I was looking for I didnt find it as user friendly as this one. At first I had typed the site wrong I had went to myfitnessplan which was a mistake I cant even where I can delete my account on there as it was a total waste of time not user friendly at all. I got this site from one of the physical therapist at my local hospital my boss a co worker and her sister and I joined the Biggest Losere I guess it runs for 10 weeks hopefully that will help me. Keep believing and you can do this.
  • believer65
    Options
    By the way my name is Christi im a single mother of 3 girls one is off on her own and now Im trying to deal with a 16yr old if that isnt stressful enough. lol
  • JoanneC_Walks
    JoanneC_Walks Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good luck Ella!
    I can relate to your "sweet tooth" issues. I really hit those Christmas cookies hard, that's why I'm back on MFP. I just joined the Recipe Swap group here. The folks on that group have posted some great low-cal dessert recipes that I can't wait to try out.

Please feel free to add me as a friend and good luck reaching your goals.
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i've been trying to lose weight my entire life...this is my 3rd "restart" on MFP...anyone can add me if they are serious about losing weight, getting healthy and being supportive =)
  • amontes410
    Options
    HI Ella...

I can so relate to you... I do try to hit the gym 3-4 times a week... but my eating habits do not help me out.....

Eating healthy can be hard for me, since friends and i tend to eat out a lot. Just last night we went out for a drink and light food and i ended up with a sundae.

I think together as a group we can help each other out. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Best of luck to the both of us.
  • ella1227
    Options
    Hello Ella i'm new here and trying to tackle my weight loss once and for all, feel free to add me :)

Katie, request sent!
  • ella1227
    Options
    HI Ella & Randi (and anyone else) Please feel free to add me as a friend. I will send you a request. I have 70-80lbs to lose, so we are all on the same track.

I received, and accepted.
  • ella1227
    Options
    Yes helping give support to one another is important, you say you have a sweet tooth funny I do to. But things that are sweet and taste good are apples, cherry tomatoes, and then there is weight watchers ice cream those things are yummy. I am loving this site so far and I have just joined I tried sparkpeople but I couldnt find the foods I was looking for I didnt find it as user friendly as this one. At first I had typed the site wrong I had went to myfitnessplan which was a mistake I cant even where I can delete my account on there as it was a total waste of time not user friendly at all. I got this site from one of the physical therapist at my local hospital my boss a co worker and her sister and I joined the Biggest Losere I guess it runs for 10 weeks hopefully that will help me. Keep believing and you can do this.

Lol, I'm smiling, cause I saw your reply right before lunch time, and it helped me stay away from that brownie that was bawling my name! I choose a banana, instead. ;-) I believe, and know, I'll reach my goal, same as you will! Best, to you.
  • ella1227
    Options
    By the way my name is Christi im a single mother of 3 girls one is off on her own and now Im trying to deal with a 16yr old if that isnt stressful enough. lol

Nice to meet you, Chrisit. I know all about teenagers! My son is 15!
  • AutumnDean
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 100lbs too :) I also have a sweet tooth. I'll add you!
  • ella1227
    Options
    Good luck Ella!
    I can relate to your "sweet tooth" issues. I really hit those Christmas cookies hard, that's why I'm back on MFP. I just joined the Recipe Swap group here. The folks on that group have posted some great low-cal dessert recipes that I can't wait to try out.

Please feel free to add me as a friend and good luck reaching your goals.

I do not even want to confess my Christmas sweets sin, haha! Do I need an invite to join the recipe swap? I'm slowly trying out healthier dishes. And low cal desserts, seem right up my alley!

Best, to you as well.
  • ella1227
    Options
    i've been trying to lose weight my entire life...this is my 3rd "restart" on MFP...anyone can add me if they are serious about losing weight, getting healthy and being supportive =)

Third times the charm...best to you!
  • ella1227
    Options
    HI Ella...

I can so relate to you... I do try to hit the gym 3-4 times a week... but my eating habits do not help me out.....

Eating healthy can be hard for me, since friends and i tend to eat out a lot. Just last night we went out for a drink and light food and i ended up with a sundae.

I think together as a group we can help each other out. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Best of luck to the both of us.

Hi A Monte! Totally get you about eating, some days are better than others. But, with effort, and consistency, the hard work will show.

I also think, one cheat day is ok... or reward.

I've sent you an add request! //Best to us all! ;-)