What's YOUR Secret?

Options
What's the one secret "trick" or "rule" you have with your diet?
recently I've been trying eating slower, and it seems to be working.
Just wondering if there was any other ideas out there that may help.
...what works for you? : )

Replies

• MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I've found that drinking a whole glass of water before each meal makes me eat less at that meal and feel much more full! It also helps me get to my water intake goal quicker!!! Good luck! :)
  • avedon
    avedon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with MrsTomy that water really does work. I drink a glass directly before I eat and then try and guzzle two straight after - that way I feel way too bloated to want to take another bite!

I also brush my teeth straight after Dinner so that I won't eat any dessert.

I eat with a little dessert fork all the time at home, and if I'm having something with rice I use chopsticks - they give me smaller bites and make my meal last much longer.

Finally, if I'm feeling 'bad' (which I often do) I pop onto these forums and flick through some success stories - they tend to put me back on track before I make a mistake.

I'm interested to see what others do!
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    Eating food in its raw and natural form! Seasoning of course is okay, but I find that food really tastes its best when you leave off all the sauces and stuff that just add extra calories and then, you taste real, delicious food. :-) Water of course is super important as well. My water bottle is my best friend. I feel bare when I leave it at home.
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Eating cereals without milk helps! Drinking coffee half an hour before running helps keep me perked up, which ultimately means ill run for longer. Plus coffee is quite filling and the only calories are the ones in the splash of milk, if you just use plain instant coffee.
    i dont buy any sweets, cakes, chocolate etc...if they are in the house at all them im constantly fighting temptation. if i dont buy them in the first place then the only time i have to resist temptation in the half our im in the shop.
    Finally, chicken. its cheap, packed with protein, very filling, very tasty, and hardly any calories! the king of all meats, and my best dieting tool lol.