8 hour Diet?

Options
Any of you have any experience with the 8 Hour Diet? I'm reading the book on my iPad and its pretty interesting. If it does half what they say its a miracle diet. What do you think?

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    The eight hour diet is pretty intermittent fasting with a different name. You'll get loads of info just googling intermittent fasting.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    The eight hour diet is pretty intermittent fasting with a different name. You'll get loads of info just googling intermittent fasting.

I thought that when I looked at it just now...
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    From personal experience the only diet that has worked for me is MFP. It's about re-learning eating and exercise habits, learning about the calorific content of various foods, portion sizes etc. This is a long slow (but very worthwhile process). After 8 days you will pile on what you lost and it will most likely be water anyway.

If there really was a quick fix for weight loss then a lot more people would be slimmer and wouldn regain any weight.
  • Tammi140
    Tammi140 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What are the 8 superfoods he suggests?
  • mellowkate
    mellowkate Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    From personal experience the only diet that has worked for me is MFP. It's about re-learning eating and exercise habits, learning about the calorific content of various foods, portion sizes etc. This is a long slow (but very worthwhile process). After 8 days you will pile on what you lost and it will most likely be water anyway.

If there really was a quick fix for weight loss then a lot more people would be slimmer and wouldn regain any weight.

PREACH! I've struggled with my weight my whole life, and MFP/logging is the only thing that has genuinely worked. It's easy to drop a quick few pounds in a couple days with a fast or cleanse, but unless you are aware of what you're putting in your body and you make exercise part of your daily routine, those pounds will pack right back on.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    SOunds legit. Right now I'm doing the 3 hour diet. I'll let you know how much weight I've lost by 3:15.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

You took the words right out of my computer!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

That sounds hottt
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options

PREACH! I've struggled with my weight my whole life, and MFP/logging is the only thing that has genuinely worked. It's easy to drop a quick few pounds in a couple days with a fast or cleanse, but unless you are aware of what you're putting in your body and you make exercise part of your daily routine, those pounds will pack right back on.

^^ This.

And any quick diets are typically not healthy, are for purging to START serious weight loss, or stop working and cause you to gain back weight after you stop. Diets suck, eat healthy and the correct portions.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

That sounds hottt

:laugh: :laugh:
  • nlehmann
    nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I read the book cover to cover along with many other articles outlining the pro's and con's of IF. For me, it isn't about losing the weight as much as a lifestyle change, losing bad habits and being healthier. If the weight comes off too, great. I am still working out normally and eat the same number of calories (within a small deficit). I am 8 days in and feel good, have lost a little weight, made it through my workouts with as much power and I would have given I would have eaten breakfast. I now eat from 10a-6pm. I would recommend finishing the book, and planning out foods, ect to make sure you are eating well and balanced during your 8 hours. Good Luck,
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    SOunds legit. Right now I'm doing the 3 hour diet. I'll let you know how much weight I've lost by 3:15.

:flowerforyou:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

:heart:
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    It's just another approach to intermittent fasting, not a 'fad diet', which works well for me. Helps keep my calorie consumption under control. Check out the intermittent fasting group on here, that is where I researched along with researching other resources before deciding to give it a shot. Best decision I've made.