Overeaten by 400kcal at 2pm – how to save the day?

Options
124»

Replies

• kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Although it's tempting to use the "start fresh tomorrow" philosophy...believe it or not, it's one of the leading pyschological causes of sustained obesity. The idea that you've "blown today" gives you a free pass to guilt yourself (damaging to self esteem) and to not do anything about it today, and instead try to be perfect tomorrow. Guess what? No day is perfect. Improve on today NOW. Stay mindful, stay in the now. There's always something you can do to turn things around! The day is young, burn some calories and feel more vibrant! :)

This is important.

There's a very apt quote doing the rounds that says:
    “Oh, I’ve already ruined my good eating today. I’ll just eat crap” is like saying “Oh, I dropped my phone on the floor. I’ll just smash it till it breaks.”

found it:
    https://iheartinspiration.com/quotes/fitness/good-eating-habits/

I like that. I think I'm gonna put that one on my "motivation wall"!
  • mbsoulo
    Options
    LIke everyone else said. Eat sensibly and start again tomorrow. I usually go for a vigorous workout to burn some of that off. That's pretty much the only way I can manage to stay under my calorie count, hahahahaha! If not, I will have overeaten about 400-600cal every day. Drink a lot of water, as well. That should help fill your belly to an extent that you won't overeat.
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    veggies, veggies,veggies, you will still be over, but veggies are a good solution....and low cal. Get as much activity as you can also!

^^^This^^^
    If you can take the kiddos to the park and play tag with them or ride bikes with them for 20 or 30 minutes. Something, anything, is better than nothing. And I full on agree with veggies, veggie, veggies. Steam some broccoli, cabbage, carrots, and snow peas and toss them with lemon juice a little lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste add maybe 2-4 oz of chicken breast or shrimp and you'll be more satisfied than you think. Drink plenty of water and plan out all of your meals for tomorrow to put yourself back on track. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    2 more minutes running upstairs and only 230kcal remaining overeaten... not sure if I manage any more stairs my legs shaking from the strain.

Great job taking control of the situation! Way to go! Stretch and drink plenty of water today. :bigsmile:
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    how about play some games (tag, dancing, hide and seek, with the kids or take them for a walk.
  • littlecrystal
    littlecrystal Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The day is now almost finished (off to bed soon) and I had 300kcal dinner and 60kcal hot cocoa drink (the cocoa may seem unnecessary but it has a major calming and rounding of the day effect to me, much greater than those 60kcal).
    I have been active with my kids as always - it was too late for a park, but played some football at home, bathed them got ready for the next day.... There is no way I can log this but at least I know in my heart I was active as much as I could.

The best thing I got from this thread - I could have chosen to starve and then surely would have overeaten the next day, that is what I always do. I broke this pattern and hopefully tomorrow will be a good dieting day! I already logged most of my food for tomorrow, hey :)

Thanks so much for ALL your great support and motivation!
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    ^^ this, learn from it & move on, tomorrow is a new day.
  • 2013james
    Options
    One day where you MAINTAIN your weight (not gain, maintain) is not a disaster. And if you have MFP set to lose 1.5lbs/week (or
    This is a very good point. The occasional maintenance day is far better than throwing in the towel and eating crap tomorrow or binging at night.
    The best thing I got from this thread - I could have chosen to starve and then surely would have overeaten the next day, that is what I always do. ******I broke this pattern*****

Well done Crystal.

I think this article may be of some use to you: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/core_march_8.htm
    (specifically the part about binging)
    Don't be put off by it being on a Body "Building" website. I am not knowledgeable enough to endorse it myself, but I agree with the main theme of it.