Jamie Oliver school lunch recipes

kcdrake
kcdrake Posts: 512
edited September 20 in Recipes
I have been watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and I want to make his lunches! I know that the food he's making outside of the school is fancier and maybe a bit more healthy, but I love the simplicity and common ingredients he's using in the mass-produced school lunches.

I've tried looking up the recipes. On his website, I cannot seem to find a scaled-down portion of his school lunch recipes. I did manage to track down the recipes, but they are made for serving 450 people! I could just go in and scale down the portion size, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. haha.

So, does anybody know if there are individual portion sizes of his school lunch recipes?
Thanks!!

Replies

• It would be nice if he did, let us know if you find them!
  • this show is awesome! if you go to his site http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes there are tons of recipes there!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    :ohwell:
    I have been watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution and I want to make his lunches! I know that the food he's making outside of the school is fancier and maybe a bit more healthy, but I love the simplicity and common ingredients he's using in the mass-produced school lunches.

I've tried looking up the recipes. On his website, I cannot seem to find a scaled-down portion of his school lunch recipes. I did manage to track down the recipes, but they are made for serving 450 people! I could just go in and scale down the portion size, but I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. haha.

So, does anybody know if there are individual portion sizes of his school lunch recipes?
    Thanks!!
    I understand from another Member on another of Jamie Olivers Food Revolution threads that's floating about, that he has a book/cookbook that might interest you. Even checking the library if you are unable to purchase it for now.

It's a thought though :drinker: :wink:
    That's what I had in mind, though I imagine with all the popularity of the show the waiting list there may be long
  • HealthyChanges2010
    oh KC! Check the link xdudeitsliz just shared, there are lots of recipes that are serving size of 4. Yes some are fancy fancy but there are some chicken ones I just glanced at that are something any of us could make with ingredients we'd have most of in our home.

Gonna go take another peek:wink:

Becca:heart:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    this show is awesome! if you go to his site http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes there are tons of recipes there!!
    Thank you!!:flowerforyou:
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    this show is awesome! if you go to his site http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes there are tons of recipes there!!

I know, but I did a quick search for some of the school lunch recipes he's making and I couldn't find them. :(

I'll let y'all know if I find them anywhere. Or if I have to scale them down myself, I'll post them up here somewhere. Maybe start a blog or something.
  • hkuiuc99
    hkuiuc99 Posts: 79 Member
    My fiancee loves that show! He has some great ideas and its a real eye opener seeing what those people are eating!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    I went to his website to see if there was anyplace to send a comment. It is well hidden--there is no "contact us" link on the homepage, but I am a good detective, so I followed the "help" link and found a comment window buried there, and sent and inquiry about the recipes. If I get an answer, I will post to this thread.

BTW, for google users, ya know how when you start typing in a word google will give you a list of possibilities below, in order of how often that term is being searched for? Well as soon as you put Jamie in, "Oliver: is the first "Jamie" that shows up--so apparently LOTS of "inquiring minds want to know."
  • HealthyChanges2010
    I went to his website to see if there was anyplace to send a comment. It is well hidden--there is no "contact us" link on the homepage, but I am a good detective, so I followed the "help" link and found a comment window buried there, and sent and inquiry about the recipes. If I get an answer, I will post to this thread.

BTW, for google users, ya know how when you start typing in a word google will give you a list of possibilities below, in order of how often that term is being searched for? Well as soon as you put Jamie in, "Oliver: is the first "Jamie" that shows up--so apparently LOTS of "inquiring minds want to know."
    Great detective work!:drinker:

Funny I Googled how to down size large recipes and there were so many posts from MFP that showed up it made me smile:tongue: You're right lots of 'inquiring minds'!:wink::laugh:

Downsizing from what I read isn't that difficult for dropping down several servings or up a few. It's dropping down from 450 drumsticks or other sizeable recipes that they say are not easy and rather touchy to make sure they wil still come out like the main dish.

Becca:heart:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Ok "Inquring" or "Enquiring" (if you are a Brit) minds who want to know--Below is the response I got to my email. It is likely a canned one,but all the same has good info:
    Thank you for your enquiry.

Many people have written in wanting to support Jamie’s Food Revolution in response to his ABC series and TED wish. We are currently overwhelmed with correspondence and are working hard to upload as much useful information as we can to the website (www.jamiesfoodrevolution.com), to enable you to get involved. If you have offered the support of a business or other organisation, we are currently logging these and will be in touch more personally when we are better equipped to discuss the possibilities of the offers.

In the meantime, if you live in the US, you can already offer your support by signing Jamie’s petition: http://www.jamieoliver.com/campaigns/jamies-food-revolution/petition

Jamie wants to try and get one million signatures, so please send it on to anyone else you know who cares about child nutrition and ask them to sign too.

Please keep checking the website for updates on the campaign and help us make Jamie’s Food Revolution a reality.

For US Press enquiries please email: kim@ycmedia.com

Enquiries Team
This discussion has been closed.