Day Number 6

Options
So this, so far, had been going ok. The first day I went over a little, but yesterday I went way over. Thanks to my husband's homemade nachos. But I have to say that overall I am doing better. Haven't got a scale yet to check since I had outlawed those in my house decades ago. But at least the goal of trying to stay under that number I was given has made me start checking those labels more and making better decisions. I also, thanks to a fitnesspal facebook post, tried a exercise video yesterday. Felt pretty good to. Good luck to all the other "newbies", may you have a great 2013 !!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• karajulie
    karajulie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi. I don't have a scale either. I did initial measurements a week ago and again today. I've lost 1and 1/2 inches in my waist!! =) I'm doing ok so far as well. I started a few months back but only did it for a short time. I'm back now for the long haul!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • Sirref0275
    Sirref0275 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!!
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Scales are what you make of em. Keep trudging through. It gets harder, then easier. :)
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I had fajitas today and I was shocked how many calories are in them :( It's amazing how many calories are in things, I am amazed at some things I once thought were healthy.

I do have scales in my house but I like to rely of measurements more because I like to weightlift and the scale doesn't distinguish between fat and muscle.

Keep going, it does get easier :)
  • lrose50
    lrose50 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good for you - always good to lay down the foundations for success. Start your meal planning, get proper groceries in so you have an alternate choice from the nachos LOL. Plan your meals etc. Get your scale and do your measurements - you will want to take credit for ALL your success.
    Good Luck