Fit vs Skinny

Options
Just wondering on everyone take on what the think is a better goal. Fit or skinny?
When I turned 17 and realized there was not one picture of myself since I was 10 because I was too ashamed to see what everyone else seen, I made a huge lifestyle change and dropped 80 lbs in very little time. Back then my goal was to be skinny. I never reached that goal. I ate very little and only did cardio. Fast forward 9 years later and i'm almost back at my highest weight. However, this time my focus is to be fit. My beginning goal weight was 125 lbs, but after reading some blogs and googling like crazy I see girls who are my height, similar frames who are smaller, toned, and looking absolutely great at 135-140 lbs then they were at 120-125 lbs.
What are you more focused on? The number? The look?
I'm 5'4" at a whopping 233.6 lbs.
My goal that I will achieve this time and keep it is a FIT 135-140 lbs. I will be eating 1600-1800 calories a day and doing ChaLean Extreme workouts with lots of walks for myself and dog.

Replies

• skinnedknee101
    skinnedknee101 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just because a person is skinny, doesn't mean that they aren't "fat." The more time you spend on here, the more you'll see the term "skinny-fat" which means that the person might not be overweight, but his/her body fat percentage is too high. Personally, I think you should focus on the overall picture. Eating right and excercising, which is what your plan is, will make you fitter and skinnier. Diet and exercise helps the body inside and out. =)

Oh, and by the way, I'm 5'3" and weigh 136lbs, by no means "overweight," but my body fat percentage is 32% which puts me right over the healthy line into the unhealthy line. Though, that's my own calculations, so who knows!