Headaches :-(

Options
Is it normal to get really bad headache's at the start of a diet? I have had such a bad headache today and it's not something that I normally suffer with - feel like I have sugar withdrawal symptoms lol x

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    yes
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Yes. I also get them when I wait too long in between eating. I do better when I schedule in small snacks between meals.
  • Rehfer
    Rehfer Posts: 5
    Options
    If you just started a very low carb diet then you are having sugar withdrawal. I have been on a very low carb lifestyle now since Aug 1st and for the first 3 days I had headaches. I felt like I did when I quit smoking back in '91 and the same way I did when I tried to quit caffeine a few times.

Took about two weeks to feel good on the new regime.
  • emmad2
    emmad2 Posts: 59
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies - puts my mind at rest that it is a common thing to happen - I used to drink loads of tea and coffee with sugar so I reckon I have withdrawal symptoms as that's all I've really drunk for 3 days is water lol x
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    You have caffeine and sugar withdrawals going on then. It should start subsiding after a week or so. Mine usually starts gradually fading a little every day rather than just stopping suddenly.