Uneven Trap Muscles??

So after training last year I started to notice a difference between my left and right trap muscle. I was using a opposite grip while doing BB shrugs so I don't know if that was a factor. Left one seems slightly bigger than the right. I always feel my burn on my left side than my right during my workouts. Even when I shrug one side heavier than the other, I feel it more on the left. BTW I'm right handed. Anyone have any ideas/ways to even my body out. Thanks

Replies

• nostripewhite
    nostripewhite Posts: 53 Member
    I've always had this sort of imbalance in my biceps. My left bicep is quite a good bit bigger than my right, but my right is little bit stronger.

I tried to correct it before by going really heavy with right hand curls, but it didn't seem to do the trick so I said F it.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    see a chiropractor. you may have an imbalance in your central nervous system which is distributing energy unevenly to each side of the body. It's very common.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    i had this when i was 16 , it evens out eventually once u build a decent amount of lean mass
  • I saw a doctor when I tore my meniscus and brought up the imbalance. He said of course not everyone is symmetrical but its mainly a mental thing because I can feel it for on the left. What I'm going for is to get lean so I'm hoping it evens out with cutting.