Les Mills Body Pump...what say you?

Options
Any Body Pump peeps out there? I am usually a heavy weight/ low rep kind of girl. And i love the results of my rotine. But i get bored
I feel like the soreness I have from 1 class of Body Pump, that this may be a new thing for me. It was so much fun! I would love to hear results and thoughts....

Replies

• gmmac
    gmmac Posts: 1
    Options
    I took my first body pump class last Saturday and it kicked my *kitten* and I was feeling it for days. I also usually lift heavy weight for low reps but I plan to go to Body Pump once a week to mix it up.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have gone twice in the last 10 days. Same results...sore. I like it for the change of pace. I am planning to go once a week, have two heavy lift days and sprinkle in cardio around that.
  • babsc01
    babsc01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I took my first body pump class last Saturday and it kicked my *kitten* and I was feeling it for days. I also usually lift heavy weight for low reps but I plan to go to Body Pump once a week to mix it up.
    Same here...my first was last weekend, and I'll be going again each Saturday. Felt a little out of place the first time, and had a hard time seeing the instructor while laying on the bench. But, I like it and plan to keep going.
  • LiveEatLift
    Options
    i have the DVDs at home! :) can't wait to start it! I am doing Les Mills Combat first though! :)
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I too switched from heavy to body pump. I am thinking about trying this 2 to 3 times a week for a little while and then going back to heavy lifting when I can get running outside again.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I love Pump!
  • Woolified
    Woolified Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just spoke to my friendly YMCA to find out if I could try one out free before I signed up, and they said yes, so I think I am definitely going to give it a go. I get in the habit of doing waaaay more cardio than weight training. My body probably needs me to mix it up. Think I will try it on Friday morning... wish me luck. lol

:)
  • mrsmorris13
    Options

I am going for this ame routine. Good luck!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I love this class and this a friendly reminder for me to start going again. I love the combination of resistance training. Currently I am working with my own weight. The consistency of attending this class twice a week is a great routine in my opinion!
  • mrsmorris13
    Options
    Thanks to all of your response and good luck to you! I feel like I the heavy lifting has given me good muscle ! But I need to eat rid of fat. So body pump seems to be a great combo to lean out. We'll see.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I do the at home dvds!!! Great workout!!