Body fat Calculators

Options
Are any of the online ones accurate? I measured myself and entered the info into a few of them and the results seem WAY off.

Replies

• UtahWalker
    UtahWalker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This is one that I can't help you with. I have never used one. The different results probably depends on the way body fat is calculated. I am going to do some research on them.
  • popzork
    popzork Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I had my body fat measured by a registered dietician. Those numbers were not close to the standard BMI calculators offered online. But, I found http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/ and when I plugged in those numbers, I found that it was within .5% of what the dietician's results were, so I use that.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    BMI is a estimate of your body fat percentage based only on height and weight. It doesn't measure your body fat %. You can try to get a better estimate with a caliper or with one of the fancy scales that can measure this.

I have one of these handheld jobs that does it-
    41m4XJtKQ9L._SS40_.jpg
  • LadyBugLex17
    LadyBugLex17 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    BMI is a estimate of your body fat percentage based only on height and weight. It doesn't measure your body fat %. You can try to get a better estimate with a caliper or with one of the fancy scales that can measure this.

41m4XJtKQ9L._SS40_.jpg

I just used one of these tonight and it was over 7% different than last month. I don't even think that is possible LOL

Is it accurate?
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options

41m4XJtKQ9L._SS40_.jpg

I just used one of these tonight and it was over 7% different than last month. I don't even think that is possible LOL

Is it accurate?

There is no way that these can be accurate like the scales that measure fat and water % they pass a small current through the body and calculate resistance, just another way to part people from hard earned money!