Hungry?

Options
It's 3pm, Saturday afternoon, I've been up since 10am, I haven't eaten a single morsel of anything .. and I'm not hungry. Ahhh, yes, just another typical weekend!

Some people say their weekend days are the most challenging of the week because they are more likely to overeat or make poor food choices. These days are more challenging for me because I'm out of my weekly routine. Between Monday and Friday I eat my breakfast at the same hour every morning before leaving for work. My snacks are at 10am and 3pm, and my lunch is at 12pm. The supper hour can be anywhere from 6-8pm, depending on my family's late-day schedules. It's predictable and fairly easy to plan around.

But there is nothing at all predictable about my weekends. I tend to sleep a little later in the mornings which shifts my meals for the day ("breakfast" could be at 12pm!), and for that reason, I don't plan my meals. This is where I'm most at risk of making poor choices later on in the day or, even worse, in the evening.

I just wanted to put this out there to see how other people work around their weekends. Maybe I'll pick up a few good tips?

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I try to have fruit and yogurt on weekend mornings, but I'm not always successful.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I sleep a bit later on the weekend. Regardless of what time I wake up I ALWAYS eat within 1 hour of waking up even if I'm not hungry then no more than 4 hours between meals for the rest of the day.
  • chimelle
    chimelle Posts: 6
    Options
    HI there... I'm new to this site but when I read your post I just had to reply...

I've been told that if you don't eat regularly every single day your metabolism will slow right down so you won't burn the calories the way you should.. your body goes into withdrawal because it doesn't know when it will be fed next and therefore hordes the calories...

breakfast is the most important because that's what gets your metabolism going in the morning and starts the calorie burning process...

also, I've been told you should eat every 2 1/2-3 hours to keep the metabolism working at peak performance to burn the most calories possible...

if you feel hungry that means your metabolism is working, if you aren't, it isn't.... I used to get up and go w/o eating anything and wouldn't get hungry until well after lunch time but now, since I've been eating breakfast and snack regularly, I'm hungry as soon as I wake up and try to eat within an hour of getting up....

just my thoughts... :)

Michelle
  • lindalloo
    lindalloo Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks, Michelle! My routine obviously needs some tweaking during the weekend. Next weekend I'll give it another shot! :flowerforyou: