work out music

Options
What is your favorite work out music.....

1. kids in the room
2. no kids in the room

Replies

• iamlaprell
    iamlaprell Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand your question, but if you are asking about hearing kids while you are working out then I'd have to be very opposed to it. I find it next to impossible to work out without headphones on, something about a workout playlist just makes it easier for me to work out harder and longer.

Now if you're asking about what my favorite workout songs are then my playlist is wide ranging, some of the songs on it are....

Baby Got Back - Sir Mix A Lot
    Country Girl (Shake It For Me) - Luke Bryan
    Cowboy - Kid Rock
    Down With The Sickness - Disturbed
    Get Low - Lil John
    Girl on Fire - Alicia Keys
    Lose Yourself - Eminem
    Ms New Booty - Bubba Sparxxx
    Whatever - Godsmack
    Let The Bodies Hit the Floor - Drowning Pool

Plenty more on there if you're looking for suggestions for a playlist.
  • megedoug
    megedoug Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I get what you mean...in target once my 4 year old asked when she could buy the "bottle of Jack" toothpaste ;)

I like top 40 for my workout. Katy Perry, K$sha. Also have some Pink, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson. I read somewhere that if you'd be embarrassed to be caught singing along...it's good workout music ;)
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I don't listen to much that I couldn't/wouldn't listen to in front of my kidlets...

Linkin Park
    Five Finger Death Punch
    One Republic
    Flo Rida
    Pink
    Matchbox 20
    Foo Fighters
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Kids or no kids....
    Led Zepplin I, II, or III
    Any Cinderella Album....but usually their greatest hits....same with Motley Crue, Poison, or GnR.
    AC/DC Back in Black is perfect for running a 5k as is the Ramones greatest hits.
  • LoseItToWin
    LoseItToWin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    No kids at home

Pitbull
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Foxy Shazam
    Foo Fighters
    Snoop
    Rob Zombie
    Earth Wind & Fire
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I only listen to music that I like, no matter what the style or rhythm. And I think there are two songs in my entire music library that have a swear word or two in them, so they're pretty much family friendly across the board.

But I find that when I tried to listen to music that was just a certain tempo or more upbeat just because I was working out I ended up frustrated because I kept wanting to skip songs and it distracted me from my workout. So I just made a playlist of my favorite songs and workout to that.

I don't use the music to keep me moving at a certain pace I just like the music as background. I've run 9:32/mile paces while listening to stuff like The Civil Wars, Mumford and Sons, and Lifehouse.
  • gsschulte
    gsschulte Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It really depends I always use headphones but while running I love special forces cadences. Its a little motivating and it gives you a beat that is consistent through the whole cd. but other than that I have the podrunner app which allows you to change the tempo of dance/electronica music which is great when you just wanting something that has a beat and can zone out to. Plus DJ Beatsmith makes all the mixes so its all for running with and that does make a difference.
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I get what you mean...in target once my 4 year old asked when she could buy the "bottle of Jack" toothpaste ;)

LOVE IT!! :laugh:
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    I'm a distance runner, so I really prefer a consistent beat I can run to. I used to just hit repeat on songs that fit my cadence until I discovered this site: http://www.runningmixes.com/ I don't know if they're local (they always list a lot of stuff in my area), but for a reliable, steady beat I can stride to, I'm never going back to mixing my own playlists. And they're free. I sound like a commercial, I'm sorry. But they're free!

ETA: bottle of jack toothpaste - CLASSIC. Kids are hilarious :D
  • tlkrallman
    Options
    Kids or no kids....
    Led Zepplin I, II, or III
    Any Cinderella Album....but usually their greatest hits....same with Motley Crue, Poison, or GnR.
    AC/DC Back in Black is perfect for running a 5k as is the Ramones greatest hits.

Love it! Total 80's Metal!
  • minsch
    minsch Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I just got back on my bike trainer this afternoon for the first time in a while.....I was looking at different playlists online and I sped up when a song with a good beat was on.....however....I noticed a lot of them would make me blush if my mom walked in the room and I sure don't want my kids signing them either! I was just curious what other people like to listen to....thanks for your input and I will look at that site!