What can a husband cook for dinner?

Options
aleyjewell
aleyjewell Posts: 65 Member
I have always struggled with Fridays. I work and my husband doesn't. So he is sweet and likes to cook dinner for me. The only problem is its like hamburger helper or burgers.

I am looking for some easy ideas for him to cook or something I can prepare Thursday since I don't work and he could heat it up.

Any ideas?

Replies

• ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Chilli
    beef stew (beef, onion, carrots, and taters....boil it.,.,,doesn't get much easier).
    baked chicken, rice, brocoli and cheese sauce.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    What about making something in a crock pot? Then all he would have to do is keep an eye on it and stir it once in a while.
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    lasagna!!!!!
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    have him look at skinnytaste.com and like said before the crockpot options. really hard to mess that up :)
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have 2 teen kids to feed as well. I do tacos, buffet style. We did chili last night. Baked potatoes are also a hit and easy to make. We, as a family, have a wide variety of tastes so we (I) like to cook things that people assemble from various ingredients. THAT being said I also do brisket, paninis, and other 'main' course dinners.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    have him look at skinnytaste.com and like said before the crockpot options. really hard to mess that up :)
    ^^^^^Yup!
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Little Caesars
  • Cgabb5
    Cgabb5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Get the Taste of Home Diet Comfort Food Cookbook. Eating from that for each dinner (minus weekends) helped me lose around 90lbs in a year. Good food, low cal.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have 2 teen kids to feed as well. I do tacos, buffet style. We did chili last night. Baked potatoes are also a hit and easy to make. We, as a family, have a wide variety of tastes so we (I) like to cook things that people assemble from various ingredients. THAT being said I also do brisket, paninis, and other 'main' course dinners.

Mmmm.

Chili served over baked potatoes.....or brown rice......
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti is usually a good and easy one.

Does he grill? Maybe Kabobs?

Chili

French Dip Sandwiches/wraps (roast beef in aus ju, onions, mushrooms, peppers)
  • wood8282
    Options
    tacos, spaghetti, sloppy joes, something on the grill are all easy things.
  • aleyjewell
    aleyjewell Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    LOL at little cesears, If I let him he would!!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    upside down day(breakfast for dinner)
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Put fish or chicken breasts in a parchment or foil pouch with some fresh herbs and lemon slices, put them on a baking tray and pop them in the oven.
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Buy him a recipe book and tell him what he's going to make lol :devil:
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Talent is his only restriction. Outside of that send him to Youtube and wish him the best of luck.
  • marthathebear
    Options
    boneless, skinless, chicken breasts in a crockpot with barbecue sauce covering it and about 1/2 inch over. Cook til the meat falls apart! Anyone can do this !
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    What about making something in a crock pot? Then all he would have to do is keep an eye on it and stir it once in a while.

This is what I was going to suggest. I LOVE putting something in the crockpot in the morning and opening the door at the end of the work day greeted with the smell of supper already done!! :love:
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    what about making something ahead of time (I food prep on Sunday) and freeze it - then all he has to do is take it out and bake it
    OR yes he can read a recipe and make it from there?
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Have him cook with you from now on during the week. Thats what I started doing with my husband. He's now cooking at home. Tonight, we're having baked chicken, mashed potatoes and his signature glazed carrots haha He's been making supper more and more, and it's great!! He likes to make spaghetti and meatballs. Most of the time, he'll either call or text for help, and I have no problem with that!