I want some jucking funk!

Options
Struggling over here :grumble:

you know what my worst habit is? I look at obese and morbidly obese (i weigh in at around 165lbs at 5ft3 and thus count in the UK as overweight but not obese, *just* tipped over a size 14 [US 18?]) people and think well, jesus christ, I'm not that big, im quite normal really! moreover, having lost a couple of pounds, i think, well i can definitely get away with a treat!

dont take me too seriously, i just want a whinge

Replies

• squaralina
    Options
    Struggling over here :grumble:

you know what my worst habit is? I look at obese and morbidly obese (i weigh in at around 165lbs at 5ft3 and thus count in the UK as overweight but not obese, *just* tipped over a size 14 [US 18?]) people and think well, jesus christ, I'm not that big, im quite normal really! moreover, having lost a couple of pounds, i think, well i can definitely get away with a treat!

dont take me too seriously, i just want a whinge
  • tdroseler
    Options
    LOL

guess what...you are normal ,lol.

it doesn't matter what size you are, if you feel you need to do something to get more healthy, do it. and as for the treat...well, hate to break it to you, but as i said, you are "normal".
  • roxy94
    Options
    i'm with you. Was sz. 3 now sz. 12. I have not stayed under 1400 calories a day yet. It seems impossible! This is really, really hard!

We can do this, though!
  • squaralina
    Options
    I find if I manage 1200-1400 a couple of days I tend to go back up to 1600-2000 the next day. what really is helping though ( apart from the gym :blushing: ) is portion control. i make fatfree vegetable soup for work and after three people mentioned independently that it seemed a large (actually, one said enormous [ *kitten* all of them!]) portion, i started halving the portions and its been no deal (as long as I have my one slice of bread with it and plenty of water). also i have the weekends off with regards to calorie counting, gotta give oneself a break right :laugh:
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    Right at the start of the day, I go ahead and enter a dessert into my meal plan, that way the calories are spoken for and I don't end up splurging at the end when I fancy a treat ^_^ Because I always fancy a treat in the evenings! So instead of depriving myself, I just make sure I can work it in to my diet and not feel guilty about it :smooched:

It is hard to stay within our caloric limits, I'll admit that ~ So when I get hungry during the day but I know I'm eating as much as I should, its really just my body throwing a temper tantrum, and I have to be the grown up around here and tell it NO :laugh:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Whinge away dear!
    We have all done the same. My Mom calls it the "Well, there are worse off people." syndrome
    Or, in the South the "Bless Their Hearts" thing. Meaning you can say almost anything about anyone, as long as you follow it with "Bless their heart."
    IE: Jim KNOWS I am dieting and he yet brought me in a huge cake to the office and SAVED me a piece because he KNOWS I would want some...Bless his heart.
    Or: The Government thinks I should be thinner then a super model. Bless their heart.
    However, I do think that once in a while you should HAVE that TREAT food, As long as you do not go over board with it. after all half a piece of cake is half the calories. :happy:
    --Diann...