What or Who motivated you to start working out?

Options
What or Who motivated you to start working out?

For me it was my youngest brother, he is a Junior playing college football. He got me started on weight training and we have awesome genes for muscle development.

Dana Linn Bailey also a big motivator, she has an athletic and very muscular build. She motivates me to push towards one day to compete and motivates me to strive for benching my body weight.

Replies

• no1belongs
    Options
    my mom she just started doing it a 2 years ago and looks amazing. I cant wait to look like her i found a great new system that is great. i love this thread

Also my daughter is a motivator i want to run around with her without getting winded ^_^ thank you for sharing
  • JessMmmkay
    Options
    My motivation was looking in the mirror and realizing there was a HUGE issue, pun intended. Now I want to tone up and reduce my body fat %, that motivation stems from all the progress I've made this past year and wanting to continue on a healthy path.
  • slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I reached a point where it was do-or-die and I wasn't ready to die yet.
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My old High School Art Teacher (shes actually a MFP user). We went to see a movie and she told me about MFP and her weight loss. I started then.
  • Valdeezie
    Valdeezie Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had something super embarrassing happen to me. After shedding a few tears I decided I couldn't let that happen again. My overall goal at that point was to be healthy physically and mentally.

I started running the next day.
  • RenaeNguyen
    RenaeNguyen Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds corny as all heck, but the biggest loser show is my "thinsperation" I bought the books lost 100lbs eneded up getting pregnant (yay) and now I am up 30 lbs :-/ so I have to maintain my weight for the remainder of my pregnancy
  • itsmaymee
    Options
    Seeing pictures of myself. I knew I was overweight all along, I just never realized how much until I looked at some recent pictures and seen a lot more of me than I wanted to see.
  • thwinger
    Options
    I recently learned that my lifestyle can actually change my genes. My genes. The ones that I will give to my potential kids. That means that if I eat properly and exercise regularly, there is a much higher chance that my (potential) children will be predisposed to be healthy instead of being predisposed to any diseases.
  • LoonyLovegood8
    Options
    The Olympics! I've always wanted to lose weight before but seeing all those Olympians definitely made me get off my backside and join a gym!