how to log insanity dvd workout

Options
i was wondering how do you log insanity workouts? is circuit training the right thing to log it under? please help

Replies

• row_rivers
    row_rivers Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i have used a heart rate monitor to track my calories burned from insanity and i think that it's a good investment. however, if that is not an option, the circuit training option is pretty close to the numbers i get from the HRM. whatever number you get from circuit training, minus about 10-15 calories and you'll have a number that may be close to how much you burned from insanity. this is what has worked for me though, so i'm not too sure if it will work for you. and of course it depends on how hard you push yourself as well.
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    When I did Insanity, I would use a heart rate monitor to track calories burned. Then I would create exercises and name them what that particular Insanity workout was.
  • huyttran
    huyttran Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thanks to both of you. this helps a lot. i will log it as you suggested under circuit training until i get a heart rate monitor.
  • Danielle2bfit
    Danielle2bfit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use a Heart Rate monitor as well and I use that to when adding that under "Circuit training" activity. Mine is usually a few calories off meaning under calories when I enter so I adjust it. I would just stick with that. Also, Christmas time is coming, maybe putting a heart rate monitor on your wish list wouldn't be such a bad idea. I've had mine for two years and I love it. I have the $90 Polar one, sometimes though it can go off target, but that could be because of my breast (maybe too much info). But for the most part is great. Or, you could always get one off Ebay for a little cheaper, but be careful remember the saying "You get what you pay for"
  • drayah7
    Options
    Any suggestions for a good heart rate monitor?