Hello Forum

after several attempts and failures at sparkpeople (shudders)
i found myfitnesspal while searching reviews on body monitors.
anyhoo, i'm not much for social interaction until i've been around for awhile so don't take it wrong if i seem a bit standoffish.
this was one of the things that put me off at sparkwhatsit.
i'm going to lose over 80 lbs and the trackers and whatnot seem much easier to use here.
thanks in advance for help on the forums when i can't figure something out, and double that for patience, as i tend to be a bit thick headed sometimes.

Replies

• ok then....
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    If you are looking for a friend feel free to add me :)
    I will help in any way I can :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    welllll......you said you are not one for interaction....but you did post a thread talking about what you don't like about interaction....so, maybe people thought you didn't want interaction.

Just guessing.

Also, threads here move really fast, there are hundreds of them posted every hour. Lots of times you will get no replies on threads - even if it seems like you want them. Nothing personal - just a very fast-moving forum.
  • Sorry. Thought you didn't want social interaction. Or does just over an hour count as being around a while ;-)

Anyway, welcome and if you want a friend add me, I will be friends with anyone who shares their diary with me so I can pinch ideas, sorry I mean give meaningful feedback!
  • ok
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    welcome. I did the spark people thing before and didn't do well at it either. so I came here. you are welcome to add me
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Welcome to MFP; hopefully you can meet your goals here.

NEVER GIVE UP!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 780 Member
    Welcome! You'll like MFP much better than Sparkpeople. I tried SP and didn't do as well on there. Unless you can get in the right clique over there you don't have a lot of responses or friends. Here, everyone is a friend if you give them a chance. Feel free to add me if you want a friend or encouragement and Good Luck!
  • pnut4
    pnut4 Posts: 5
    hi there im new to MFP and would like new friends to chat with,
    i have rrMS (relapse remitting multiple sclerosis) and find it harder to excersize
    look forward to making new friends :)
  • point taken, i guess what i meant was i don't get into other peoples business much unless asked.
    some of these types of forums/groups are very cliquey (sparkpeople imho) and put me off to giving my opinion about things. people seemed to want to "one up" you at every turn. it got tiring and somewhat annoying.
    i didn't want to start off on the wrong foot , but i guess i kinda did anyway lol. anyhoo i'm glad for any and all input, friends, or help offered along the way.
    i'll reciprocate if i feel i've something to add.
  • btw i have no idea about how to add friends yet, it might take me a bit to figure it out
  • Click on people's profiles and there will be a button saying add friend. Most ppl like it if you include a message with your request
  • ok thanks
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    point taken, i guess what i meant was i don't get into other peoples business much unless asked.
    some of these types of forums/groups are very cliquey (sparkpeople imho) and put me off to giving my opinion about things. people seemed to want to "one up" you at every turn. it got tiring and somewhat annoying.
    i didn't want to start off on the wrong foot , but i guess i kinda did anyway lol. anyhoo i'm glad for any and all input, friends, or help offered along the way.
    i'll reciprocate if i feel i've something to add.

You will find any online forum community to be similar. I don't know how "moderated" sparkpeople is, but there are friend-groups and regular users here who will jump in to challenge wrong information. Don't take it personally - there is a lot of good info here, and some junk. And there are some who like to stir the pot on just about any topic.

You have to learn to parse your words carefully in forums, and though there are no personal attacks allowed on this site, some people walk a very fine line....:laugh: As in all of life, you will find some people you like and some you just could do without. You can use the ignore button if they really get on your last nerve.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    sent you a FR:smile: