Motivational tattoo?

Options
For my goal weight reward, I want a quote or word, down my spine. I dont even know what, something motivational, that people can look at and be inspired! ...Looking for suggestions! Something not more than 5 or so words.

Replies

• maxmama55
    maxmama55 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As a proud owner of a tattoo, just a suggestion-get something that inspires YOU. It needs to be personal since you are rewarding yourself for a goal you achieved after hard work and motivation. When you find yourself slipping a little, look at that tattoo. You have some time to think about what you want since you still have 48 lbs. to go. (Good job, keep at it)
  • _reno_
    _reno_ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Your Significant other in a Mark Sanchez jersey!!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Get it backwards, only way you'll be able to read it when your twisting in the mirror :tongue:
  • The_Invisible_Boy
    The_Invisible_Boy Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I agree with MaxMama55. Something to remind you of what you accomplished. Something for you to be inspired and motivated by so you can look at it and draw that strength in any other obstacle you may face down the road!

I haven't done it yet but I'm planning on getting the pagan symbol for "air" to symbolize breath of life. Below it I'm going to have the date 09-28-2006. That's the day I quit smoking! For my weight loss journey I want to just get the total number of pounds of fat I lose with the date I hit my ultimate goal written smaller below it. The weight being in some form of ancient numerals or something.
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    thanks! I do want it to inspire me as well as others...i just havent the slightest clue what to get.
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You can google tattoo quotes for ideas. When I lost 60 pounds, I got "follow your own star" tattooed on my wrist. It is by far my favorite tattoo that I have and it means so much to me. And it keeps me pressing forward to finish losing the rest of the weight.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Google inspirational quotes for ideas. I love the idea. When I started my weight loss I tattooed the word *believe* in a lovely script on my wrist. That way I could see it daily as a reminder that I can do anything I believe that I can do.
  • HisSweetGirl
    HisSweetGirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think I will get "Progress, not perfection" to remind me I am always going to be working at it.
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I agree with MaxMama55. Something to remind you of what you accomplished. Something for you to be inspired and motivated by so you can look at it and draw that strength in any other obstacle you may face down the road!

I haven't done it yet but I'm planning on getting the pagan symbol for "air" to symbolize breath of life. Below it I'm going to have the date 09-28-2006. That's the day I quit smoking! For my weight loss journey I want to just get the total number of pounds of fat I lose with the date I hit my ultimate goal written smaller below it. The weight being in some form of ancient numerals or something.

Do the whole thing as a barcode?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Your Significant other in a Mark Sanchez jersey!!

While Tebow-ing
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Body by Workouts!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    "yes, this tattoo really hurt"

:)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    "we are what we do"
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I personally like the quote "Chase the morning, yield for nothing" from the song Chase the Morning. To me it means that even if there's a dark point, you have to keep going after the thing you want most and not give any excuses :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I want to have " love yourself" on my wrist.......I need to remind myself all the time
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    OWWWWW... that one is gonna hurt!!!

You will know what you want the minute you see, hear it.
    I have 7 tats and all but 1 has a reason behind it.

I do like the progess,,,, not perfection and love yourself ideas! I may have to steal one of them ;)
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Definitely give it some good thought. Remember that it's forever.
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    "By Your Powers Combined...I am Captain Planet!"
  • zniwburd22
    Options
    "By Your Powers Combined...I am Captain Planet!"

This^^^ LMAO!!!
  • KevinLamb77
    Options
    I thought about "No, I'm not sick, but thanks for noticing"