Anyone ONLY doing the 30 day shred and losing weight?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Just wondering if I can lose weight just doing this dvd and watching my calories or do I need to do a longer/different workout.
Thanks

Lisa

Replies

• LisaDoloski
    LisaDoloski Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think as long as you are working hard enough, it should be enough, if done everyday. If not, add a walk outside. I'm being very strict with the calories and doing the Shred and have lost 5 lbs in 3 days. I have a lot of weight to lose though. Good Luck!
  • fozzy33
    fozzy33 Posts: 72
    Options
    I started doing Jillians 30 day shred...bewteen 30 day shred everyday and wii fitness an hour afterwards I lost 30lbs in my first month...october 09.

I just got the new Biggest Loser DVD Last Chance workout....and let me tell you....it hurts...bad and Ive lost 77lbs and have been working out for 6 months and it still kicked my *kitten*.

tomorrow I'll do Biggest Loser powersculpt.

Ive been plateaud for 3 weeks now...havent lost or gained an ounce, it gets harder the smaller you get! LOL

So I changed up my food and my exercise routine the next 2 weeks here to see if that helps....
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Yes I did. When I first joined MFP I only did 30 day shred and ate within my calories (I was only eating 1200 at the time, have since upped it). I did eat my workout calories too. I know I lost 5 lbs in two weeks (I was probably around 220 at the time) when I moved from level one to level two.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I have to take that back. Looking back over my log I did walk 4 miles once a week. I think as long as you are not eating over your calories you will lose weight. I lost 50 lbs on WW years ago and I never exercised. That being said, I'm heavier now then I was when I lost those 50 lbs and I look and feel better NOW because of exercise. One other thing I can add to the 30ds topic is it makes a huge difference on how your body looks. I haven't done it in a month and I can see that I need to start doing it again. I'm lighter then I have been in years, but I'm more insecure of my body then I've been in months.
  • Bubbles007
    Options
    I started the shred on April 5th and have done it everyday since. I lost 3 lbs in the first week. I watch what I eat for the most part, but usually eat back my exercise calories. I really push hard through the videos too. My next weigh in is on Monday, so I will check back in then too. Also-- you can definitely see some toning begin pretty quickly which is a HUGE motivator for me.
  • aprilwilliamsba
    aprilwilliamsba Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30 day shred about 4-5 days a week and walking 30 min about 3 days a week. I've lost a pound a week for the last month. I've also been very good about watching my food intake.